Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #11
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you hide your cravings from your older children?

I normally try to sneak it! My cravings are chocolate so I'll eat a piece and move on. Maybe a bite while switching laundry or doing the dishes. I've had my 8 yr old ask" what are you chewing? ", lol! I do let them indulge with me sometimes though. It seems like if I try to keep all sweets away they want them more. So sometimes if I have a truffle my kids will split one. That way they learn self control too. Maybe if you have a mallowmars give him 1/3 of one. Otherwise make potty time more discreet, lol!

Advertisement

mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

I sneak it. Even at 3 my kids played my themselves for 10 mins at a time or more, and I'd take the time to chow down.

I would let your ds have a bit of your snack but i wouldn't let him have some every time you indulge. That IMO would be teaching bad habits, but every once in a while isn't going to hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #13
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I tend to eat my treats when DS naps or after he goes to bed. Sometimes, I share with him, though.

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #14
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
I told my 7 and 5yr old that since I was an adult and had already eaten a healthy breakfast/lunch/snack that my body could handle the extra sweets. I did try to hide as much as possible but they were satisfied with that response.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #15
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption View Post
I sneak it. Even at 3 my kids played my themselves for 10 mins at a time or more, and I'd take the time to chow down.

I would let your ds have a bit of your snack but i wouldn't let him have some every time you indulge. That IMO would be teaching bad habits, but every once in a while isn't going to hurt.

That's what I did. I would sneak it whenever they were distracted.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Yup-I hide in the bathroom and 'go potty'.

Sorry that's not an option. I guess if you do not want your DS to see or him to have any it'll have to be at night after your DS is asleep. (though for me that's not a possibility because too much sugar at night makes me wired).
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #17
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Our home is a single story on risers (basically the home is on the second fl and our entire first floor is an enclosed garage). I hide my craving in my car (on the first floor) and use the excuse of "doing laundry." (The washer is also on the 1st fl) lol! Also, I leave a lot of junk food at work and eat it between 9 and 5 lol!!! They never have to know!

Last edited by amb2j; 01-24-2013 at 02:36 PM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

I totally eat junk food on my kid's naps. Not all the time, but when I have a mad craving.

I also will wait until their cartoons are on, and will *QUICKLY* open the package of whatever deliciousness it is, then immediately hide it and grab something else - like an innocuous box of granola bars, or an unsuspecting bag of roasted almonds.

This is because I know I have about 8 milliseconds from the time I rip open the package of the junk food to the time the kids have teleported to my ankles, wide-eyed, wanting whatever I have just opened.

So when they appear, I'm holding some "yummy" healthy treat. "OH! Did you want some roasted almonds?! Here you go!" And they each get a cup full to sit on the couch and munch happily.

Once they are back to their cartoons, I put the almonds back, and now, I can quietly and strategically slip my hand into the open back of crappy, junky, nasty, yet so deliciously-bad-for-you food, and get one or two or three out.... whereupon I eat them happily, but very, very, very, QUIETLY.

It helps to tote them with me to the next room, and eat them while folding laundry. If I hear a kid coming, it just gets tossed under the heap of clothes (and we ALWAYS have a heap of clothes)... or in my pocket.... or shoved under the mail on the end table.....

*ahem* I mean, that's how I would do it.... *IF* I ever did things like that....
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #19
MunkyCrazy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
I totally eat junk food on my kid's naps. Not all the time, but when I have a mad craving.

I also will wait until their cartoons are on, and will *QUICKLY* open the package of whatever deliciousness it is, then immediately hide it and grab something else - like an innocuous box of granola bars, or an unsuspecting bag of roasted almonds.

This is because I know I have about 8 milliseconds from the time I rip open the package of the junk food to the time the kids have teleported to my ankles, wide-eyed, wanting whatever I have just opened.

So when they appear, I'm holding some "yummy" healthy treat. "OH! Did you want some roasted almonds?! Here you go!" And they each get a cup full to sit on the couch and munch happily.

Once they are back to their cartoons, I put the almonds back, and now, I can quietly and strategically slip my hand into the open back of crappy, junky, nasty, yet so deliciously-bad-for-you food, and get one or two or three out.... whereupon I eat them happily, but very, very, very, QUIETLY.

It helps to tote them with me to the next room, and eat them while folding laundry. If I hear a kid coming, it just gets tossed under the heap of clothes (and we ALWAYS have a heap of clothes)... or in my pocket.... or shoved under the mail on the end table.....

*ahem* I mean, that's how I would do it.... *IF* I ever did things like that....
That sounds familiar!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #20
cormama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki

Hahahaha this is sooooo me!!!