Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #121
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you let your 6 y/o wear these?

NO WAY would my 8 yo dd be wearing those out. She is too busy running around, climbing trees, and just being a 'little kid'. I might let her keep them strictly for dress-up around the house. More likely I would make them disappear. I find the style way too grown up for a grade school kid. I am not into teenage/adult clothing on kids though--no bikinis, short skirts, halter tops or 'sexy' styles here.

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #122
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Would you let your 6 y/o wear these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post

Continuing to follow my rabbit trail...Was your DD's shirt dress long enough to cover her behind when she bent over?
Lol. I think so. It was the first time she ever wore it. It fell just above her knee. Both the shirt dress and the shoes were hand-me-downs that hadn't been worn yet. Apparently it was hand-me-down day, lol.

I am typically more diligent about trying things on before they make it to drawers.... but this time needed them put away immediately b.c our house is in construction mode right now. .... I DID put these shoes aside to think more about them later, but they were discovered by DD and put in her closet and I didn't notice until it was too late...

We went to Home Depot and spent roughly an hour looking at pendant lights. So I wasn't overly concerned with her ability to run or play or climb in what she was wearing.

Last edited by Kiliki; 01-23-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #123
listalees
Registered Users
seller

There is no way I would let my daughters wear those shoes. Beyond the fact that I would be hesitant to let my daughters dress like grown women and strive for that kind of look and behavior, I would also be concerned about what that would do to their developing body. High heels take the pelvis out of a neutral position. In addition to creating foot issues, tight calf muscles and stress on the ankles, they also create laxity in the pelvic floor. While a young girl hasn't had much strain on that muscle yet, there is no reason to start early.
High heels should have already been phased out due to what anatomists have learned about the bio mechanical strain that it puts on the body. I aim to teach my girls that comfort and long term functionality of the body is so much more important than looking cute.
It is always hard for me to get rid of things that my kids like though.
listalees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #124
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No I would not.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote