Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #41
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
So exciting!!! So many of you ladies are getting so close to meeting your babies <3

Advertisement

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #42
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

My baby shower is 2.5 weeks from now. We're doing it early to be 1) hopeful and 2) more sure I won't be on bed rest.

I just received an email saying a family member is shipping me an Ergo "urban chic" carrier. Thoughts on this one? I put it on my registry meaning to do more research on different models and forgot to check reviews and finalize the decision before the invites went out. I know I can exchange if I need, but just curious about reviews

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #43
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Feeling really restless the last few days. Not the nesting sort, just unable to sit still for very long. I wonder if that means anything? Guess I'll know more after my slew of appts tomorrow.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #44
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Jan 16-31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
My baby shower is 2.5 weeks from now. We're doing it early to be 1) hopeful and 2) more sure I won't be on bed rest.

I just received an email saying a family member is shipping me an Ergo "urban chic" carrier. Thoughts on this one? I put it on my registry meaning to do more research on different models and forgot to check reviews and finalize the decision before the invites went out. I know I can exchange if I need, but just curious about reviews

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I prefer to use slings or wraps for the newborn stage, but the Ergo is a great carrier too. I just like less bulk at that stage. I used an Ergo with my DS when he was a year old and found it very comfortable at that age. With a newborn you'll need the insert or a rolled up towel to make it small enough though.

AFM: I'm 22 weeks, feeling regular kicks and movements. Thinking about selling my doppler to fund more cloth diapers. I've pretty much got my stash ready buying from FSOT, but I'd like to buy one brand new rainbowish fitted.

Yesterday my friend had her baby, she was only 36 weeks, baby weighed 4lbs. 3oz. I brought her a sling, showed her how it worked and had the pleasure to wear this tiny little baby on his first day of life. Mom and Dad both took to the sling very well. Makes my heart melt
Old 01-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #45
ingrid5699
Registered Users

So many here are getting so close! Wow! Wonder if we'll get a new set of freshly pregnant ladies to come join us? (as much as I wish nobody would have to be here I'm glad this group exists to support those going through a pregnancy after a loss (or multiple losses).

Marie-the Ergo is my favorite baby carrier. I have quite a few but the Ergo has been the one I used most. I have never used it for a newborn but with a rolled up blanket it should work fine (no real need for the newborn insert). I prefer stretchy wraps for newborns. Will try a sling this time too-I bought a Hotsling because it looks a bit easier than the regular ring slings.

Kate-that is so great that you got to wear a baby that tiny. *awwww*

AFM-nothing new. Still sick and starting to hurt all over. I definitely feel that I'm older than with the other pregnancies :/ Baby is super active and we can feel the kicks from outside now. He is also a night owl and has started to wake me at 3am because he is kicking so much. LOL I'm totally in for it if he already does that at 22w, right?
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #46
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ugh... I'm feeling a little torn on something and figured I'd ask you ladies for help... Hopefully Andrea or someone else who has taken them can chime in...

I started the 17P shots (Makena brand name if that helps... meant to prevent another preterm labor) at 16 weeks so I've had 2 of them now. The next day after the first one I had a mild headache, no big deal... the next one I had this week at 17 weeks, oh holy hell the headache I woke up with the next morning was beyond terrible and lasted for all of Wednesday and lingered on for most of Thursday. I really, really can't deal with headaches that bad on a weekly basis.

I am strongly debating calling my doc's office to tell them to forget it, I will NOT be taking these shots every week. I wasn't real keen on taking them to begin with. I've had ONE baby, and he came early at 35 1/2 weeks.. my water broke at home, and we don't know why. I do suspect my blood pressure got very high that afternoon before it happened... that's all we know.. up until that point in my pregnancy with him I had nothing happen that was unusual to mean I would go early.

I guess my thinking is that I'd rather take my chances of having another early baby than put up with these damn shots weekly and the horrible headaches... plus, the thought of increased hormones into my body makes me extremely nervous. I had cancer (Hodgkin's Lymphoma) in 2008 - in remission since 2009 - and while I know mine wasn't a hormone-related cancer, it still makes me nervous.

Anyway, sorry this got so long... just wondering what you all think? Should I go with my gut and just stop these shots? Is there any harm in having had 2 weekly doses of them and now quitting them?
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #47
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't have any headaches. I just had the other side effects. I don't know about quitting the shots, but someone in my pregnant after pPROM group on Facebook stopped the shots at about 26 weeks along and she's still pregnant and doing fine (but she's only a couple of weeks past her last shot so far).

I am suspicious that I was sorely deficient in Vitamin D during my loss. I wasn't tested then, but I was tested early in Josiah's pregnancy, and I was deficient. I don't go outside very much at ALL so I don't get it from the sun, so I started taking some 4000-IU drops as soon as I got my results back. Vitamin C also helps to make a strong amniotic sac, and I didn't make a pointed effort to take those daily or anything, but I did take them when I remembered them.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #48
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Carly - No advice for you, but I had just plain ole migraines early on for weeks during this pregnancy and it just sucked. I would at least call your doc and see what they say. Maybe there's something else they can switch you to?

AFM - The little miss herself looked good on the NST and u/s & doppler today. However, fluid levels are still dropping (at a 9 now) so they're having me upgrade to u/s 2x/wk with my NSTs. OB said today that we for sure won't go past 37 weeks. Guess I better get to packing my hospital bag!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #49
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Carly, I did the OHP shots also and even after delivering a 37/6 then a 35/5 my OB said he didn't care if I did the shots or not. The perinatal doctor encouraged them since the 2nd was two weeks earlier than the first. So I think going with your gut would be ok. I never had side effects with my shots though...

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #50
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the info, ladies! I am going to call the doctor's office on Monday and see if I can get her to call me back and talk to her about getting off the shots... I just really, really don't want these headaches if I don't have to have them.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote