Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #121
3princesses+1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Well, I thought last night was going to be it...but it wasn't. I was having some pretty good contractions and DH had to bathe the other kids, etc. but they ended up slowing down after awhile...Well at least I know the end is near!

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #122
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghmommy View Post
I'm so glad to be reading all the good news. I am one sick mama. I don't know what kind of cold I have but it is horrible. Will be 37 weeks on Friday. My cold started last Friday afternoon. My mom took DD home with her so hubby and I could get a little extra rest over the weekend since she'd had a cough with drainage that would wake her a couple times a night and hubby had some symptoms. I took a nap after they left and woke with a sore throat and cough- go figure. I can't sleep longer than an hour then I wake up coughing and choking on phlegm. It's been green since Sunday. I feel like it's never going to get better. My ribs hurt from coughing so much. I have headache from no sleep and I'm getting more whiney by the day. Hubby's great about doing anything he can for me, but he can't really do anything. When I called the office, they said I was doing everything I could and it was just really bad due to being pregnant. I'm wondering how my BPP and NST will go Friday morning when I am coughing baby off the monitor! Then I get to see a different OB than mine, but I don't really mind, I just wonder what she's going to say about this fun cold, and I figure someone in the office is going to spray down the room after I leave. I mean, I would if someone hacking like me came in! Anyone have any tips on getting over it? I mean baby could come anytime, right!
I just had a sinusy thing from the weather changing, but no coughing. I can say long, hot, just-stand-there showers helped me feel better. Also, get a neti-pot if you don't already have one or at least some aerosol-can saline spray...those are better than the squeeze bottles to me. Maybe they will give you some antibiotics to help get you well quickly before the baby gets here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+1 View Post
I had my final OB appointment today. I am 3 cm and 50% and 38 weeks 4 days with an induction scheduled for Monday morning the 28th. I have large babies, so we induce at 39 weeks. I've had some contractions here and there but nothing significant. I have this feeling that I'll go into labor on my own this weekend, which would be fine as well, but other than that I'm just R-E-A-D-Y!!! I feel like a complete slug and don't want to do anything other than sit. Thankfully my husband is fabulous and so understanding! It's a full moon on Sunday I believe, so it wouldn't be too surprising if it happened then...
Good luck, mama!! Unless another baby gets impatient, you are surely going to have the next one. I can't wait to see photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post
I managed to remove what little remained of my toenail polish...only to discover that bending over like that was causing my toenails to turn BLUE! It happened again when I was putting on lotion (in the same position). Apparently my circulation isn't so good.
This made me giggle

Sarah, I hope he does get there soon, too! I feel bad for your son, though do you know already where you are getting the fire wood from? Would they not take pity on a 9-month preggers and deliver? Or do you know a teenager that would do it for quick $20?

I have my 38 week appt. this morning. I have this fear he is going to check me and tell me I need to go straight over to the hospital, so I'm going to take my hospital bag just in case, lol

ETA: I'm so dang excited, I bought this last night from FSOT:

http://www.wrapsodybaby.com/shop/pro...prod=aphrodite

Have a great day mamas!!!

Last edited by Steph Ed; 01-24-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #123
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

That happened to me at 38 weeks. I went in and never Went home.

We have to get some lumber from a mill. We had firewood but its not great, so we get lumber to start the fire easy. Some of my husband's military friends might be able to help me. We will see how it goes.

Update: just heard the plane is taking off at 11! Hopefully that happens. The P-3 is such an old plane... It's actually being replaced starting this year.

Last edited by Sarahknavy; 01-24-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Sarahknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #124
Ashtyn(n)Nyla'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had that cold, but worse thing. It was horrible. Actually everyone in my house got it over Christmas. I kept saying to my husband if I go into labor I'm not sure I can do it. Good luck girls!

Sent from my LS670 using DS Forum which thinks it's smarter then me.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #125
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Steph- so glad you got the Gypsy Mama wrap, I think you are going to love it!

DH was sick last week and DD has been sick this week. So far DS and I have not gotten it but this morning I'm wondering if he may be coming down with it

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #126
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have an ultrasound Tuesday, appointment Thursday and Doc has an induction spot for me Friday, Feb 1. I feel kinda guilty for getting induced. Last time he swept my membranes the day before I was supposed to be induced and I ended up going into labor and delivering that night. Maybe he will do that again and I won't have to be.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #127
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

How close are u to being ready? Appt today & close for dialation but not other part......
Old 01-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #128
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had my OB appointment today and it went really well. We just went over again plans for after baby is born (re: delaying cord clamping and placenta delivery... then afterward). I just gotta say I <3 my OB. Then I had my last pre-natal with my doula. I haven't had any checks by the OB but last time *I* checked I was around 3 cms so I'm assuming I'm probably the same, I'm mentally prepared for a February baby so I'm not consenting to checks (unless I go into labor before) until I'm 40 weeks (2 more weeks) Other than that, I put the bags for me and baby in the back of the car so that's one last thing we have to remember to do.

The only thing I'm hoping is whenever I do go into labor, I'm hoping that I will have washed DD#2's diapers that day or the day before. I'm the only one that does the diaper laundry (and I know hubby doesn't want to touch it and MIL would do it if needed, and I wrote directions since I have my wash routine) and if need be we have a big enough stash to last until I got home (if I was there a max of 24-48 hrs)... but I could totally see myself starting the wash and hoping that it finished before we had to leave... but I know that won't be the case. I'm thinking I might just have to be prepared to wash every other day, just in case.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #129
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Tell 'Em View Post
I had my OB appointment today and it went really well. We just went over again plans for after baby is born (re: delaying cord clamping and placenta delivery... then afterward). I just gotta say I <3 my OB. Then I had my last pre-natal with my doula. I haven't had any checks by the OB but last time *I* checked I was around 3 cms so I'm assuming I'm probably the same, I'm mentally prepared for a February baby so I'm not consenting to checks (unless I go into labor before) until I'm 40 weeks (2 more weeks) Other than that, I put the bags for me and baby in the back of the car so that's one last thing we have to remember to do.

The only thing I'm hoping is whenever I do go into labor, I'm hoping that I will have washed DD#2's diapers that day or the day before. I'm the only one that does the diaper laundry (and I know hubby doesn't want to touch it and MIL would do it if needed, and I wrote directions since I have my wash routine) and if need be we have a big enough stash to last until I got home (if I was there a max of 24-48 hrs)... but I could totally see myself starting the wash and hoping that it finished before we had to leave... but I know that won't be the case. I'm thinking I might just have to be prepared to wash every other day, just in case.
Re: the cord...that reminds me, I need to talk to OB about this. Are you encapsulating? I've really been thinking about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
How close are u to being ready? Appt today & close for dialation but not other part......
Do you mean any effacement progression by 'the other part'? None yet! But, when he asked me if I would want to be induced, I asked him if he thinks the chances of an emergency C-Section increase by being induced. He said if there is no indication labor is near and induction is started, yes, and in that case he wouldn't induce. So, long story short.....I have a spot reserved. If he thinks I'm not ready, he wouldn't begin induction & I trust his judgement.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #130
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobeano View Post
Steph- so glad you got the Gypsy Mama wrap, I think you are going to love it!

DH was sick last week and DD has been sick this week. So far DS and I have not gotten it but this morning I'm wondering if he may be coming down with it
Get some Emergen-C! Love that stuff!