Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
MegERjd
Registered Users
seller

Re: Fenugreek not work?

Just to update....ended up having to take 6 pills 3x per day before I noticed the smell. There is a slight difference in supply now but much less than I was hoping for. Ordered some blessed thistle & alfalfa supplements & hoping the combo will help.

Advertisement

MegERjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #12
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

I do blessed thistle and fenugreek together, I have been told by the IBCLC at my hospital that they seem to work better together than each separately.

I have used goats rue with good results too in the past. I haven't been able to find any yet this time around.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #13
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Herb lore makes a product called Nursing tincture that works great! It's fennel, goats rue, blessed thistle blend. I have had huge results using it so far. Fenugreek can actually decrease supply for some women. I never had results using it.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensmomma
Herb lore makes a product called Nursing tincture that works great! It's fennel, goats rue, blessed thistle blend. I have had huge results using it so far. Fenugreek can actually decrease supply for some women. I never had results using it.
Ugh... I'm learning so many things that may have contributed to our issues. Think I'll throw out the fenugreek and just try something new this time around.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #15
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you are pumping at work, try taking a worn shirt or blanket with baby smell and a book of photos of the babe while you pump. I swear it helped my pumping supply.
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

It never worked for me except after I increased the dose I broke out with horrible hives. Then the baby broke out in hives. Oatmeal helped a little but for the most part I was completely dried up by 6 weeks. No explanation, but baby was losing lots of weight so Dr. said time to give it up. Hope you have better luck and find something that works better for you.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #17
crunch!910
Registered Users

Nothing helped me when I was EPing my oldest - oatmeal, increasing water intake, fenugreek and all the other supplements, etc, but oatmeal has helped me this time. I saw no difference when I was taking the supplements this time though, but definitely notice I produce more when I eat enough and when I eat oatmeal.