Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #181
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's January support thread

I didn't know you could see them with ultrasounds, but the doctor office I go to when pregnant doesn't have lower uninsured prices, so all the prices on everything are still insane, and they require payment up front...there'd be no way I could do that. I'll just let it be. A family member gave me her leftover Norco (the same pills they gave me after my csection, and the same pills they gave my mom for HER kidney stones), so I will take that...I'm not in any pain right now, but I also took one of the norco's at 5:35 this morning...so I'm going to let it wear off (about 6 hours) and see if I'm still in pain. I haven't passed anything yet, but it might have moved? The pills make me super tired. My mom took dd for the day, and I'm only up now to pump. Yesterday was spike day, but I didn't track, so there's no telling what my actual calories were. I knew that I wasn't close by the time I got home (was at my cousin's house all day yesterday), so I ate a couple handfuls of nuts...I don't know if I'm prone to kidney stones or not...if my self-diagnosis is correct, then this is the first time I've ever had them...If they don't come out within a week (and if I'm still in pain), I might go to the doctor and see if they can check and see where we go from here...

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #182
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
I didn't know you could see them with ultrasounds, but the doctor office I go to when pregnant doesn't have lower uninsured prices, so all the prices on everything are still insane, and they require payment up front...there'd be no way I could do that. I'll just let it be. A family member gave me her leftover Norco (the same pills they gave me after my csection, and the same pills they gave my mom for HER kidney stones), so I will take that...I'm not in any pain right now, but I also took one of the norco's at 5:35 this morning...so I'm going to let it wear off (about 6 hours) and see if I'm still in pain. I haven't passed anything yet, but it might have moved? The pills make me super tired. My mom took dd for the day, and I'm only up now to pump. Yesterday was spike day, but I didn't track, so there's no telling what my actual calories were. I knew that I wasn't close by the time I got home (was at my cousin's house all day yesterday), so I ate a couple handfuls of nuts...I don't know if I'm prone to kidney stones or not...if my self-diagnosis is correct, then this is the first time I've ever had them...If they don't come out within a week (and if I'm still in pain), I might go to the doctor and see if they can check and see where we go from here...
Good luck with them. I've never heard of a Dr. charging the same for self pay as for insurance. I know lots don't do the income based repay but every DR. dh and I see has a lower self pay price since they don't have to do all the work to bill the insurance. That's really to bad. I hope if it is that, that it passes quickly.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #183
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

195.1 this am, and (TMI) I was feeling a little backed up due to all the protein stuff so I thought SURELY after I finally go potty I should be down under 195, right? Theoretically? Um no. I went, and weighed and I was 195.3. WTH!!? How the heck did that happen! UGh weight loss is so frustrating.

ETA: ok so I weighed my self just now before my workout and I'm 194 even. RFLOL!! oh I give up!

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 01-25-2013 at 12:48 PM.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #184
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I was doing really well, then the snickers in my desk called my name (I have to sell them as a fundraiser) and I caved and bought one. Now I'm about out of calories and I haven't even had dinner. Ugg....I wish I had time to work out but I'm leaving to take the dog to the vet in 5 min.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #185
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
I say welcome! The more the merrier!

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Well, I was doing really well, then the snickers in my desk called my name (I have to sell them as a fundraiser) and I caved and bought one. Now I'm about out of calories and I haven't even had dinner. Ugg....I wish I had time to work out but I'm leaving to take the dog to the vet in 5 min.
I caved today too! I've been doing pretty well but we had dairy queen for dinner and since we had dairy queen I ate two of the "snack well" cookie things, only 8 points on weight watchers, but I'm well over my limit for today

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #186
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Dh and I wanted a treat tonight, both of us were craving a hamburger. So we split one and made big salads to fill up on. Proud of both of us, that's a huge accomplishment considering a few weeks ago we would both have polished off a big burger, a large fry and a ginormous soda apiece.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #187
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I slept literally all day today...pain is gone, but still haven't passed a stone...now I'm afraid maybe there's something else wrong with my kidney, but I couldn't imagine what...I woke at 9 to pump, did laundry, went back to bed until about 4, reloaded the laundry, pumped, went to the store when dh got home and had GF pizza for dinner. So I still have 500 something calories left for today...at the Amish discount store, we found 7 boxes of Schar brand GF pizza crusts (2 per box) for only $2 a box! They are amazing! They taste just like those pre-made shelf-stable crusts that you'd get in any grocery store, and the parts not covered in sauce was actually crunchy, so it was delicious pizza, with a crunchy crust! Dh loved it! And I also found two 1lb bags of Bob's Mill almond flour for $3.99 each at the discount store! And our Bob's Mills all purpose baking flour arrived today from Amazon (it was under $2 per bag on sale!), but I'm nervous about using it, because the reviews says it has a very "beany" taste...so it's likely best to use that in quick breads, cake, brownies, etc...aka, things I shouldn't be eating. lol But I still couldn't pass up the deal to try it...and dh would eat brownies, cake, etc. all day long if he could.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #188
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
I slept literally all day today...pain is gone, but still haven't passed a stone...now I'm afraid maybe there's something else wrong with my kidney, but I couldn't imagine what...I woke at 9 to pump, did laundry, went back to bed until about 4, reloaded the laundry, pumped, went to the store when dh got home and had GF pizza for dinner. So I still have 500 something calories left for today...at the Amish discount store, we found 7 boxes of Schar brand GF pizza crusts (2 per box) for only $2 a box! They are amazing! They taste just like those pre-made shelf-stable crusts that you'd get in any grocery store, and the parts not covered in sauce was actually crunchy, so it was delicious pizza, with a crunchy crust! Dh loved it! And I also found two 1lb bags of Bob's Mill almond flour for $3.99 each at the discount store! And our Bob's Mills all purpose baking flour arrived today from Amazon (it was under $2 per bag on sale!), but I'm nervous about using it, because the reviews says it has a very "beany" taste...so it's likely best to use that in quick breads, cake, brownies, etc...aka, things I shouldn't be eating. lol But I still couldn't pass up the deal to try it...and dh would eat brownies, cake, etc. all day long if he could.
Yay for finding good deals! Our favorite pasta is the Ancient Harvest Quinoa pasta, but 6 months ago I found an entire cart of the brown rice tipanyaki (sp?) pasta for $1 a package, you better believe I bought all of it! We don't love it but it works and doesn't make DH sick. I agree that the bob's is beany. I really don't care for it. With that said, Dh doesn't mind the waffles from it (I do but if you make a banana waffle it covers it some). We also make banana and pumpkin bread and that helps mask the taste. Good luck with your new adventures. I belong to a facebook group that does gluten free recipes if you're interested, Pm me and I'll add you.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #189
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so mad at dh...he ruined my calories for me today...he insisted on (GF) biscuits and gravy for breakfast this morning. Fine. I ate 4 tiny biscuits and barely enough gravy to cover them for a whooping 900 calories. UGH. Then of course, I'm starving all day...he wanted spaghetti for dinner! No way I said, so we had turnip "spaghetti" instead, but instead of using the low calorie tomato sauce, he used 90 calories for 1/2 cup ragu sauce. Then I turn around to an amazing smell in the kitchen just now, and he's making a HUGE batch of Chocolate Peanut butter no-bake cookies! UGHHHHHH! I ate one, because he KNOWS they are my favourite! And it's freaking almost 200 calories for ONE. UGH. And now my mouth is watering and I'm starving and I'm already over my calories by 100 or so...
Old 01-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #190
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I just need to rant for a minute, is anyone else dieting WITH their dh? I made dh's lunch friday which he left at the breakroom and ate pizza at a promotion party that day. Today I make him a healthy breakfast and he pouts that I only gave him one piece of toast. Made him a healthy lunch. Later he goes to a birthday party for my nephew and AGAIN he eats pizza, and I KNOW my sil and bil, I'm positive that he had other choices AND he finished it off with cake. THEN he comes home and says "I'm hungry.. should I eat something? Um, NO? Sits on the couch, tells me how much he's craving a soda (sugar/carb crash anyone?) and how much he deserves it because he's been good on his diet (rolleyes here). I tell him I am NOT going to buy him a soda because that's what he was implying... so he falls asleep, wakes up and having already eaten, he goes and slices off a huge hunk of cheddar cheese, puts a half full bag of pretzels in his lap and he and the baby finish off the pretzels. After all that, he starts whining about how tired he is this weekend and I was good, I was really pissed with him but I said well, it's probably a sugar crash and he denied it and went on an on about how it was NOT that, that he had been feeling that way since friday afternoon. HELLO!!!! So here I am, bagging his snacks that he requested for tomorrow like I've been carefully doing for him all week - and seething. He's losing weight! It's just not fast enough for his liking or whatever so he's decided that he doesn't have to really TRY until we have the exercise bike because it's a freaking magical unicorn-machine that's going to cure him of his fat. He WANTED this! He's nagged me for months to go on a diet with him and now I feel like I'm the one pushing. All the effort I've gone to and this afternoon sitting next to him I said nothing, because it's his choice and he has to do it himself but I really wanted to rip that bag out of his hand.

I'm really a very sympathetic person most of the time, but having gone to so much trouble to help him (while doing it myself) when he sabotages himself then acts like he did nothing wrong and everything else it to blame it makes me really cranky.