Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: soothers???

i was a human paci for Charlie and ended up quitting bfing after 3 mos. with max i knew i'd give him a binky once he seemed like he needed one, same with E. both Max & E got one before we left the hospital and both nursed (E is obviously still nursing) GREAT! no latching probs, great weight gain, no nipple confusion. i also intro a bottle with in the first 2 weeks probs

i used a MAM pacifier with Max and either a MAM or Avent with E...he'll switch back and forth

Kristine mommy to Charlie (6/03) Max (8/05) & Ernie (5.22.2007)

10% off code for Oliver's Labels, perfect for back to school! use code KBPG0808
rainbowbrite812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

my 1st ds would only take Avent and ds2 will only use Soothie both used them very early on and never had any problem. ds1 bf until 10mths and ds2 is still going strong
anne. attached mama to Isaak (6.2005) Joe (2.2007) Elijah (8.2009) and Norah (8.2012) wifey to J since 2002
*I knit and dye wool! MamaDuck Knits*
anabellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:13 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I think it really depends on the baby. You could try it and if you see a problem in latch after you try it take it away,if there is no problem then it really isn't going to hurt much.

I gave my DD a paci before 1 week actually while we were still in the H,I was worried at first but to try as well, But it didn't hurt anything.She never got confused and we didn't have any latch problems but the only one's she would take were the NUK paci's... I was basically a human pacifier for the first few weeks so anytime I could get her to take the paci I
Tandem nursing mama.
BW'ing,CD'ing,BF'ing,Co-sleeping,Natural water birth, ERF'ing Earthy-AP mommy to DD's Laela (11/06) & Fiona (7/09) Wife to Cory
Doula and BF'ing Support Consultant <3 Passion
earthymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:57 PM   #14
Registered Users

My DD has taken a pacifier since she was a couple days old and has never had a problem. She's EBF and gaining weight fine.
mandy | mama to sadie (5-18-07) and willa (5-13-10)
MandyLee is offline   Reply With Quote