Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #21
angiepangie8298
Registered Users
seller

Re: Looking for All-natural Homemade facewash Recipes! Anyone?

I would add that you have no make up on when using the honey.

I also read that jojoba oil is great too.

Right now I love using coconut oil and every now and then do honey with lemon.

Advertisement

angiepangie8298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #22
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 50/50 OCM started yielding very raw red skin on the tip of my nose and above/on my lips. I changed to something like 40/60, and the rawness went away, but I started breaking out and clogging up. I am frustrated.

Maybe I am simply the sort of person who can only OCM a few times per week?

Good thing I still had some facewash on hand.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 02-14-2013 at 11:51 PM.
debcita429 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #23
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
My 50/50 OCM started yielding very raw red skin on the tip of my nose and above/on my lips. I changed to something like 40/60, and the rawness went away, but I started breaking out and clogging up. I am frustrated.

Maybe I am simply the sort of person who can only OCM a few times per week?

Good thing I still had some facewash on hand.
This is exactly what I'm worried about. I still haven't tried the OCM yet, I'm just so afraid I'm going to break out. As long as my hormones are in balance I won't have acne issues but I still have sensitive break-out prone skin, or at least, I'm afraid I still do. I do need to do something different though, because I went on the Environmental Working Group Database and my face wash is rated a 6, and I don't like that rating at all.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #24
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well, I still break out a little regardless of what I am using and have perpetual blackheads on my nose and chin. The 50/50 with a squirt of healing tamanu definitely improved my skin including those blackheads.... I also thought it was gentler on my winter skin than my facial cleanser was... until the raw spots developed a few weeks in. Adding more olive oil however was definitely not a winner, as my pores all got clogged, and I broke out more.

I'm thinking I should revert to the 50/50 but only use the method once every other day. Really face wash is not the most expensive item in my regimen. And I need to use facial lotion with or without the OCM regimen.

Honey made me bumpy at first. That stopped after a bit, but it really didn't wash well and was a pain with my fine hair.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is online now   Reply With Quote