Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Selling Etiquette

I was hoping a few ppl could give me a run-down of sellers etiquette. I've only ever sold eBay before. There, if a buyer places a bid, he is bound to pay. If a buyer in DS expresses interest, but does not commit to buying, should your post be Pending until they decide if they are going to buy? Or how long should you wait for them?
Any advice on this would be great, Thanks!

Happy Mommy to Calista Valencia Rose
AprilluvsCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:06 PM   #2

Peace To All Who Enter
My Mood:
Re: Selling Etiquette

I think each case is different. I'll mark mine pending if they say when they are paying - sometimes they are selling stuff or waiting for payday. But after one day, I will pm them and ask if they still want this and ask for prompt payment. Then, if I hear nothing, it goes back up. Sometimes things happen - kids sick, etc. But somebody asks for pp and then they don't after a day and they've been online (you can see in their profiles), then I get kinda miffed and remind them again.
Are you ttc? Don't forget your folic acid. Ask me why.

Last edited by Namaste; 08-18-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
My Mood:

Everyone kind of has a different opinion about how long somethign should go "pending". Did they ask for your paypal account?

On a normal weekday I'll hold something for 24 hours--but I do try to PM them to remind them (some of us mamas can go on sprees sometimes). On a weekend I try to wait until Monday--lots of mamas go out of town and it's not like I can ship it anyways...

Good luck.
Come "like" The Screaming Penny on Facebook HERE Groupon Eversave
Discover Swagbucks (FAQ) then join Swagbucks
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
No Longer Here
My Mood:

for me, in my sale posts i have it listed, payment is expected within 12 hours of receiving my paypal address.
when someone pm's you expressing interest, i will only give my paypal address to them if they say, i want this where do i pay?
otherwise the item is up for grabs
don't be upset if you get someone who says they want the item and then stops responding to your pm's, i've had this happen and although it's rude, it happens to more of us than it seems, what i do is send a last pm, are you still interested, if not just let me know, check there last online status, and check if they've read my private message if they did and still don't respond, i just move on, i usually give 24 hours to receive a reply from a potential buyer
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote