Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
sama2mamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help with solids...

Question:

What is a 11 month old feeding (not nursing) schedule suppose to be? Are they suppose to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner and then nurse whenever?
Sounds really stupid i know but I just want to see what other parents are doing.

Thank you

Advertisement

sama2mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Help with solids...

I am lazy about solids. My son is 9 mos and I was told by my pedi to feed him 3 times per day. I am lucky to feed him 1-2 times per day. I rather nurse him and he rather be nursed.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

yea something like that if you can. Some graze throughout the day. don't forget snacks as well. so like 5 small meals and nurse on demand.3.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
sama2mamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thank you
he is a grazer though i try to feed him when we eat but sometimes he doesnt want to
sama2mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
At 10 months, DD consented to 1 solids meal a day. She'd happily snack on solids at other times, but very obviously wanted her milk for meals. It was about 13 months when she switched to multiple actual solid meals a day.

HTH
Old 01-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #6
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
At 10 months, DD consented to 1 solids meal a day. She'd happily snack on solids at other times, but very obviously wanted her milk for meals. It was about 13 months when she switched to multiple actual solid meals a day.

HTH
Glad to see that I am not the only one not overly concerned with how many solids baby is getting. My pedi wants him on 3 meals per day. I do not want to suppliment a nursing session for jarred food. He chokes with BLW. Right now he nurses at least 6 times per day and still at night overnight too. WHy take the chance of losing feedings and supply for something he does not really need at the moment or care much about.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 8 month old eats 3 solid meals, and nurses about 4 times/day, and once or twice at night. She loves table food, and would rather eat than nurse. She's the total opposite of my first baby who refused solids for a really long time.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 8mo nurses before I prepare the family meal, then has solids with us. Usually nurse then eats all day and then nurses once or twice at.night.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

At that age, I plopped DD in her high chair and offered food at every meal (we did blw). Some days she ate a lot at every meal, and other times she would eat nothing for a week.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
Glad to see that I am not the only one not overly concerned with how many solids baby is getting. My pedi wants him on 3 meals per day. I do not want to suppliment a nursing session for jarred food. He chokes with BLW. Right now he nurses at least 6 times per day and still at night overnight too. WHy take the chance of losing feedings and supply for something he does not really need at the moment or care much about.
this is how I feel exactly.

I think we just follow baby's cues and if baby wants 3 solid meals at 6months old, okay then. But if baby doesn't want anything to do with solids until much later, then okay to that too.

I watched a lady prepare cereal for her daughter at a completely liquid consistency, put her baby at an incline and practically force the spoon into the mouth in a very mechanical way. She had been telling another mom with a similarly aged baby that she made it extremely watery so that the baby couldn't push the food back out. I wanted to be like 'why is it so important to you that your baby eats cereals??'

but anyways.. I think if you listen to your child, you'll be fine. Unless you get into a seriously bad issue, but I think those are really rare.