Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 05:14 AM   #11
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Have you gotten rid of too much?

Yes newborn clothing. I ended up having to buy more sleepers I went through too many a day with a baby with heavy reflux. Also bibs I bought more after selling off.

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #12
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Surprisingly not a single thing despite a massive downsizing. We have even hosted a dinner for 20+ family members and our minimalist ways were not a big deal. We just rented stuff from a party rental or borrowed from family. We are definitely DIY types and live on a farm so I do keep our functional tools and equipment but it is no big deal because we have so little other stuff. As for towels for messy stuff, maybe I am weird but I just use our regular stuff and wash it well. We have 4 regular bath towels for dh and myself, 2 big beach towels and the towel for washing the dogs in addition to hooded towels for each of the kids and swim towels that live in their bags to go to lessons. One set of sheets/blankets per bed plus a big quilt for snuggling on the sofa. Functional, minimal but enough. I haven't come across a situation that we have had to toss something, but it wouldn't be a big deal to me nor would it be a big deal to grab something from the thrift store for a specific project. Oh and I just use mason jars for leftovers so no problem sending those home with people.

Last edited by FernHollow; 01-21-2013 at 05:01 PM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #13
green_momma2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't gotten to the point of missing anything yet. I think that once you get there you have hit the sweet spot of decluttering, so kudos to the OP. I still have too much crap, lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #14
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have gotten rid of stuff that I regretted later. My first huge purge in Janurary 2011, well I got rid of all the baby stuff as we were done with babies. I got pregnant in February

Also, lotions & potions tend to be missed after they are tossed sometimes. Most recently the CJs oatmeal, milk & honey lotion. I tossed it as it wasn't very moisturizing IMO but now I want to smell it...

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #15
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

The only thing I sort of regret is I wish we'd kept a few of our plastic bowls and whatnot. DH needed to mix up some wood filler and we had to scrounge for something he could use. Then ODD needed a plastic container for a science experiment. Luckily, we found a plastic cup from some camping thing and an extra gladware type container from when I took some dinner to a family.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #16
Katie180
Registered Users
seller

Yes! Not a week after I did a HUGE clothing purge DH decided we needed "bug out bags" and I didn't have extra outfits to put in. Plus he wanted extra towels and blankets. Not cool!
Katie180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #17
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie180
Yes! Not a week after I did a HUGE clothing purge DH decided we needed "bug out bags" and I didn't have extra outfits to put in. Plus he wanted extra towels and blankets. Not cool!
What is a bug out bag?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #18
Amanda L
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
What is a bug out bag?
It's a portable emergency kit . . . Supplies and everything needed for 3 days I think.

Amanda L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #19
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So far the only things I've regretted getting rid of are my fat jeans. I got rid of them because I wasn't planning on having more babies and got rid of all of my bigger clothes that didn't fit anymore. Now I have no bigger size pants to wear after this baby comes. Other than that, no I haven't needed spares of anything I've gotten rid of. I find I keep on top of what I do have way better now that I've gotten rid of stuff so I don't need other stuff.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:25 AM   #20
simplykarenp
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know how you guys can manage without spare sheets, pillows and towels. What do you use when you have guests stay over? I really want to minimize my linen closet but I have guests stay over several times a year. I can't figure out how much extras to keep on hand. It really takes up alot of space.
simplykarenp is offline   Reply With Quote