Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #41
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you have had a breast enlargement

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieBeth View Post
I've had mine done twice, one of my ruptured and I had to have it replaced.
Were they saline? Or the older version silicone? This happened to two of my aunts as well with the older version silicone. One of my aunts lost sensitivity in one of her nipples after the second surgery. Did you have any ill effects or just swap them out? I am hoping these last 15-20 years.

Advertisement

jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #42
JulieBeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicanashville View Post
Were they saline? Or the older version silicone? This happened to two of my aunts as well with the older version silicone. One of my aunts lost sensitivity in one of her nipples after the second surgery. Did you have any ill effects or just swap them out? I am hoping these last 15-20 years.
Saline and had them replaced with saline. I never was sick, I had a capsule contraction and it ruptured one of them. I only had the first set for 5 years before it happened. They look and feel so much better now, I still massage them daily now so I can keep the pocket loose and avoid another rupture.

Always in our hearts- 8/30/11, 11 weeks 4 days & 12/16/11, 5 weeks.
JulieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #43
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicanashville
I also have them. Got them 2 years ago in Chicago. I had bf'd for 3 years and had no breast tissue just nipple. I got silicone (new version). It is a solid/gel rather than a liquid. I got them under the muscle and incision under the breast (in the fold) in case I decided to have more children and needed to nurse. It's a lot more painful and more expensive for under the muscle and silicone but I LOVE THEM. Everything looks cute. I feel 100 times more feminine. I had never been bigger than an a cup and nothing ever fit right. I am 5'8 and am normally a 32dd. Currently I am a 34e/f because I am pregnant. Best money spent ever!
That is the cohesive gel.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #44
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel89411

Don't they look more natural under the muscle? If you weren't having more kids after, would you still have done it that way?
They look more natural under the muscle but it is way easier to go over. But if you go over you can't nurse. I know many people who opted to go over since they had lots of loose skin from nursing. All you're doing is filling a pocket when you go over so recovery is relatively quick. When you go under they detach the muscle and reattach it. It is much more invasive.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #45
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel89411

I was also reading more breast tissue (though still not all) can be seen in a mammogram this way. With regular self checks, it'd still be considered safe. Things to consider...

What type of implant, under or over did mamas who did it get and how much did it cost? Where did you get it done? Did that include a lift?
I have saline, under the muscle, endoscopic implantation (through the armpit) I paid $6000.00 in January 2000.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #46
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenBee

They look more natural under the muscle but it is way easier to go over. But if you go over you can't nurse. I know many people who opted to go over since they had lots of loose skin from nursing. All you're doing is filling a pocket when you go over so recovery is relatively quick. When you go under they detach the muscle and reattach it. It is much more invasive.
I have a lot of loose skin. I'm thinking cohesive. Do you know if you could go under and havea lift or is best to go over in that situation?
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #47
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You can do a partial over/under. Going entirely under the muscles is kind of rare. If you want more upper pole fullness (po rn * look) going completely over is how they achieve that look. There's a great forum I've been on for a while that has tons of info. If you want the name pm me
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #48
okiemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoreta View Post
You can do a partial over/under. Going entirely under the muscles is kind of rare. If you want more upper pole fullness (po rn * look) going completely over is how they achieve that look. There's a great forum I've been on for a while that has tons of info. If you want the name pm me
This exactly. If you co partial under it will give a more natural slope
Old 01-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #49
missmoss
Registered Users

Hey! Just found these forums the other day - thought I'd chime in!

I got implants about 5 years ago. I'm a bigger girl (~150lbs, 5'2"), I was a 36A before and am now a 38C/D. I got 500cc's, silicone, over the muscle, under breast incision. My doctor did an amazing job (I had consults with a few different docs)! Nobody knows I have implants because they fit my body perfectly, look/feel real, etc. My surgery was $5,500 and was done in Winter Park, Florida. I healed very quickly, only took 3 days off work, no complications, you can't even see my incisions. I'd do it again in a second!!

I'm expecting my first baby in about a week (!!!), so fingers crossed breastfeeding goes smoothly!
missmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #50
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmoss View Post
Hey! Just found these forums the other day - thought I'd chime in!

I got implants about 5 years ago. I'm a bigger girl (~150lbs, 5'2"), I was a 36A before and am now a 38C/D. I got 500cc's, silicone, over the muscle, under breast incision. My doctor did an amazing job (I had consults with a few different docs)! Nobody knows I have implants because they fit my body perfectly, look/feel real, etc. My surgery was $5,500 and was done in Winter Park, Florida. I healed very quickly, only took 3 days off work, no complications, you can't even see my incisions. I'd do it again in a second!!

I'm expecting my first baby in about a week (!!!), so fingers crossed breastfeeding goes smoothly!
Is your doctor pretty well known? I've always wanted to get implants but I have no idea where to go, but WP isn't too far from me. How can you still breastfeed? You can pm me too of that's easier.