View Poll Results: Would your DH/SO take your child into the hospital?
Yes, of course 158 91.86%
No Way 2 1.16%
Only if it was something really serious 9 5.23%
Other 3 1.74%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #71
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would your DH/SO go to the hospital?

He would, and he has. If it was our youngest, who is still nursing and a total mama's boy, he (and I ) would probably prefer I take him, but he would do it in an emergency or if needed. Our oldest got pretty sick last summer and DH took him to the ER and stayed bedside with him for the entire 18-ish hours he was admitted, while I stayed at home with the two younger kids (one of which was sick). He did, however, call about nine million times to ask random questions to things he didn't know, like blood type, vaccinations, what "we" prefer for treatments, etc...he didn't let them do anything, even give IV fluids, without calling and talking to me about it first.

Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #72
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momgoddesswife View Post
To me it's so "old School" attitude like. It makes me think of my Grandmother saying how my grandfather would never watch the kids by himself etc.
My best friend is married to a guy who's WHOLE family is very old school attitude like this, and he is as well. They actually live with his parents (and have pretty much ever since having their now 5 year old), and if his dad hears her ask her hubby (his son) to do anything with or for the kids, he flips out on her. They got into a huge argument that resulted in them moving out temporarily over his dad freaking because she asked her hubby to help her out and either change the baby's diaper or deal with their older puking child...yeah, her deal with one, he deal with the other...WAY too much expected of a grown man and that is "woman's work" and he should NOT have to do "things like that". Her hubby has gotten more involved and helpful since they had their second child, but anytime his dad sees him helping, he makes fun of him, offers to buy him a skirt, etc etc. Oh, yeah, and failed to mention that her hubby barely manages to scrape in part-time hours working, while she works 50+ hours a week. Part of the reason they're so broke and still have to live with his parents? They pay daycare, even when he's not working, because he is not "allowed to babysit" his kids at the home they live in during the day. Its ridiculous.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #73
NeilsRene
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes, he wouldn't remember all the medical history, etc., but he would take them. That would not fly at all with me.
NeilsRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #74
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH definitely would and has taken the kids in when necessary.

Don't forget though that some people have a real phobia of hospitals. I have a friend who literally passes out if she has to go in. I'm quite comfortable myself, but not everyone is!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #75
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Yep.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #76
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

Of course!!!

I can't imagine refusing or delaying a child medical treatment... Especially with a broken bone! There would be a serious come to Jesus moment if I was there!!

...he sounds like a real gem!
HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #77
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
My DH wouldn't hesitate to take a kiddo to the ER. He would probably prefer to because he is very protective of the kids and would not feel comfortable being apart from them when they are sick or hurt. But then again, he is a SAHD and takes the kids to the doctor all the time.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #78
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dh would definitely go to the ER and hospital. He even came with me when my dd broke her arm the first time (she is his step-daughter). He stayed until her dad showed up since my dh needed to get home to watch the rest of the kids.

The only time dh didn't come to the hospital was when our son was admitted in another state for testing. It was a pre-planned admission, not an emergency room admission. My mom & my aunt came with me then & we needed someone at home with the other 3 kids so that was dh. Our son is being admitted out of state again next week & dh is planning on driving out to visit ds after dh gets home from work.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #79
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

my dh would bring them w/o a second thought. he is the one who drives not me. ( i dont have a licence. i tried but have a sever fear of driving. i freeze behind the wheal.) he takes them too all there dr visits & i stay @ home w/ the other children. i find it really sickning that this father refused to get his daughter care asap or watch the kids party so the mother could go. to b honist if that was me i would of left him since he is somone who cnt b trusted to take the kids to the dr if somthing serous were to happen & i wasnt there. i wouldnt want my kids sitting there bleeding or in pain untill i got home for somthing to b done. makes me sick & feel for the girl.

(i live right across the street from the hospital so if aneything were to happen & dh isnt home i can walk over w/ the kids )

Last edited by moms5angels; 01-27-2013 at 12:45 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote