Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
newmommy929
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Does anyone else feel.this way?

Ok, so I can't even believe I am mentioning this here... Please don't hate me...does anyone sometimes get tired if using cloth and just wanna stop and go back to the ease of sposies? *hangsheadinshame* I love my CD, but sometimes I just wanna be done with them...and just can't even decide...sometimes I think I would be ok with it...then sometimes I think I would be ok with it for a while but then completely regret it...just curious if I was the only one...

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone else feel.this way?

When I start feeling like that, I take a break from cloth and switch to sposies. I don't consider cloth diapering to be my "hobby"... it's something I do to save money, to be honest. So I don't feel guilty at all if I need to use sposies for awhile. After a week or so in sposies, I'm more than ready to go back to my cloth. Paying $25/wk for diapers isn't much fun .
Old 01-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
kirst
Registered Users
seller

I have felt that way a few times when I've gotten bogged down with laundry...so then I usually take a few days break and use sposies. Because my son is such a heavy wetter, disposables don't hold him and we have tons of leaks and/blowouts, even diapers popping and getting crystals all over. Usually, after a few days of cleaning up sposie diaper failures off his clothing, the carseat, the carpet, etc...then I realize how much easier it is to clean human waste off cloth diapers designed to contain it properly and am happy to go back to stuffing pockets, as opposed to steam cleaning the carpet.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got really tired of them a couple months ago. I didn't go back to disposables but man... I didn't look forward to diaper changes and I hated doing the diaper laundry.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
When I start feeling like that, I take a break from cloth and switch to sposies. I don't consider cloth diapering to be my "hobby"... it's something I do to save money, to be honest. So I don't feel guilty at all if I need to use sposies for awhile. After a week or so in sposies, I'm more than ready to go back to my cloth. Paying $25/wk for diapers isn't much fun .
I agree. :-) We have used either part time sposies and some periods of full time sposies since my 17mo turned 1. It is was has worked best for his skin and frankly was a welcome break from many years of cloth. Sposies are definitely easier for us, but we have decided to go back to cloth for financial reasons. Take a break, streamline your stash and see if you can make it work. If not, no guilt at all from me :-)
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
mfergy0625
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have felt like that too. I just go buy a small pack of sposies, use them for a couple days, and then go back to cloth. It is nice not to have to worry about diapers for a bit. I usually end up missing the cute, fluffy butt though
Old 01-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep, for sure. Just take a little break. It's all good.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
When I feel like that, then it's time for me to buy a fun new diaper or CD accessory! Then I get exited again.
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've started to feel this way. I went out and bought a box of sposies and instantly regretted it. Soooo expensive!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #10
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse
I took a break from disposable diapers two days ago. It was nice to not have to worry about what diaper was going to go on my daughter's bum next.
Don't get me wrong I really love my cloth but I need to streamline my stash To make it easier.

Also yesterday I did buy a package of Huggies for $31.25. It has 180 diapers and that would be enough to diaper my baby full-time for an entire month ( We only use disposables for camping usually) So at $31.25 only $375 a year ad $1.04 Per day so in the long run cloth diapering is probably more expensive for me.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote