Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #31
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you ladies wear in the tub while birthing?

Nekked! Laboring/Birthing requires my full concentration and attention! I cannot be bothered with feeling restricted by clothing or anything touching me for that matter.

But, if I had "guests" at the birth, I might be inclined to wear a sports bra and wrap myself in a towel when transitioning to the tub but thats about it!

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #32
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would only invite guests that I felt comfortable being naked in front of. I consider my nudity to be not as big a deal as seeing the baby come out, pooping, etc. I haven't had anyone with me during birthing other than hubby and midwives.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #33
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Naked. Definately. I started out wearing a tankini top with no bottoms, but once labor was in full force it was completely irritating me and I took it all off.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #34
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wore a flannel nighty for both water births. It covered my tatas, was flowy in the belly so didn't restrict me, and was lon enough to cover most of my behind. It was perfect and didn't make me feel self-concious (I only get that "I don't care who sees me naked" thing like right as I'm pushing...then as soon as baby's out, it's gone.)
Old 01-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #35
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

nothing!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #36
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nothing!
But I birthed at home, in my own bath, with only my husband and midwife there. I have no desire to have anyone else remotely close to me during labour! But, if you were having labour and birth pics done, or were having other family/friends around, then I know some women have chosen to wear a tankini/bikini top, with or without a swim skirt. (no proper swim bottoms, obviously.)
Old 01-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #37
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I wore a sports bra that looked like a cut off tank top for both of my water births. It came off once baby was born and then I had nothing. I didn't feel it was too restrictive (of course it wasn't real tight) and I was comfortable.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #38
cuah04
Registered Users

I've wondered about this myself... helpful thread!
cuah04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #39
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was bare-butt, but this time I may dry labor in a cute nightie. I'll probably still water labor nekkid, though.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #40
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ds2 was a hospital water birth, he was born just 20 min after arriving at the hospital, I tore my clothes off so fast, they just felt so restricting.

Dd was a home birth, not a water birth and again clothing just felt cumbersome, but, I do kinda wish I had something on top because all her "fresh out" pics have boobies all up in them too so I'm self conscious of ever sharing those and hopefully she will think they are beautiful when she's grown. I'm actually kinda grateful that they are her birth and not my boys.

The next birth is a planned water birth and I think a sports bra that is not too tight or a belly band gone tube top sounds perfect, nothing on bottom.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote