Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #141
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghmommy View Post
Just a little update on the horrible, no good, very bad cold and appt... The Dr got me started on some antibiotics Thurs AM and it's totally helping! I still feel like crap, but a little better and not worse. Last night I think I slept as much in one night as I have since last Saturday put together! I still had some bouts of crazy coughing and having to clear the phlegm and mucus, but was actually able to go to sleep again! Today I had my BPP/NST and OB appt. I talked way too much and my throats killing me now, as well as coughing is stil incredibly painful, but it was great to see that little baby inside doing well. The dr. said I measured more like 35 weeks than 37, so maybe this little bean has dropped, or maybe I just coughed stuff around in there, who knows? They say you can breathe a little better once the baby drops, but I really don't think in my condition I could tell. And by the way, I really do appreciate your encouragement and suggestions. Been doing the neti pot, that only lasts for a while, hot showers are nice until the water runs cold-and you get weak from the change in BP, I've tried salt water and GSE gargles for the throat - nothing. Robitussin and Elderberry syrups are laughing at my cough, though the dr did give me a Rx to try tonight!! These are the lovely things I've learned in the past week! So far I've been text book on measurements, but I did drop a couple pounds this week, again who knows? I'm only at 1cm and 30%, so that's good right now- I want to get better and sanitize the whole house before this bean comes! My mom still has my daughter, and I miss her terribly but there is no way I could handle her energy for a moment! Hubby has been a champ, doing dishes, laundry, fixing dinner... I mean it would take me all day to do one of those, but he's just great and I'm glad he's mine! Whew - I love this thread.
Glad you are finding at least some relief and that baby is doing well You should try eating some raw garlic cloves, not the best tasting and not great for heartburn but they do help with congestion

Advertisement

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #142
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Husband left this morning for San Diego! One More week of holding baby in and I will be in the clear. GBS tomorrow.

I talked to someone who had a VBAC with my doctor. She was able to go a week overdue without him dropping her. That was encouraging. Though he was a jerk to her during labor. I'm just happy the doctors are not usually around. I am praying daily for a kind compatible nurse for l&d.

Let's see some of those full moon babies???
Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #143
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm hoping the full moon keeps this baby in I don't have any contrax or feeling like baby will come tonight but if baby does want to come early, I'm hoping it's not until February at least I'm tempted to let my OB check me on Thursday (I'll be 39 weeks) even though I was going to just wait until 40 weeks. I'm pretty patient this time around, like I was with my last pregnancy but with everyone around me getting anxious it's annoying... and I'd love for hubby to be able to take off his paternity leave (which would work out better if baby cooks until 40 weeks and some extra days)

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #144
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Tell 'Em
I'm hoping the full moon keeps this baby in I don't have any contrax or feeling like baby will come tonight but if baby does want to come early, I'm hoping it's not until February at least I'm tempted to let my OB check me on Thursday (I'll be 39 weeks) even though I was going to just wait until 40 weeks. I'm pretty patient this time around, like I was with my last pregnancy but with everyone around me getting anxious it's annoying... and I'd love for hubby to be able to take off his paternity leave (which would work out better if baby cooks until 40 weeks and some extra days)
Yeah. I am with you. I want a late baby too. My husband wants to take his leave in April for work reasons. In order to do that... We have got to keep this baby on the inside.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #145
mrsbesky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

did everybody make it through the full moon? Im a little over 37 weeks and don't remember having any contractions, but it did make her do a crazy little dance. She started dancing early evening, everybody had a blast watching my belly go all over the place. She moved so much that no matter where they put their hands they could feel her move. Im just praying she didn't go so far as to flip breech.
Oh and it hurt like crazy while she was moving. I have an abdominal hernia and any time she pushes against it, it hurts.

Just a few more days to Feb!!!!!
"The Lord is good a stronghold in the day of trouble and He knoweth them that trust in him" Nahum 1:7 Married to a wonderful man and mom of 4 princess angels: A(9) and K(6) (TJ my angel with Jesus ) and C(1)
mrsbesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #146
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had an interesting Friday afternoon/night. Friday, I had light contractions all day. About 3:15 I decided to get in the shower. While in there, I felt something pop and then a gush of blood came out of me! I got out of the shower and continued to bleed, like a light period. But, no fluid was dripping out of me when i sat on the toilet so i didn't think my water broke. I called the doc and he told me to go to the hospital to get checked. They did an ultrasound, and everything looked great, but I continued to have contractions and doc wanted them to keep me overnight. I told him I would much rather go home and come back if needed and he let me : )

Everything calmed down, so I am set to have her Friday for sure, yay!!!! I was kinda stressing at the last few things I have to do before she gets here. I also got to meet the nurses who will be caring for me this Friday, and all were super sweet.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #147
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I think light contractions way not reg though but lots of head butts. I'm 4 cm but 30% so idk.... I think contractions were when I dialated....
Old 01-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #148
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Just the normal sporadic contractions I have always been having, nothing new! She needs to stay put until I get her coming home outfit done .

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #149
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anyone else having sciatic nerve pain? I'm about 38w4d. It usually kicks in later in the afternoon while I am up and walking and if I sit down for 10 minutes or so it goes away. This morning I got out of bed (late) and had the worst shooting pains down one of my legs in two places. I couldn't lay down again because dd needed to get to school in 15 minutes. Somehow I got her to school and while I was driving I coughed a few times and it triggered the nerve pain, which is a first for me because it is usually only when I walk. I've taken it easy the rest of the morning and took a warm bath, so it is finally gone. Anyone have any good stretches or can relate?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #150
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed View Post
I had an interesting Friday afternoon/night. Friday, I had light contractions all day. About 3:15 I decided to get in the shower. While in there, I felt something pop and then a gush of blood came out of me! I got out of the shower and continued to bleed, like a light period. But, no fluid was dripping out of me when i sat on the toilet so i didn't think my water broke. I called the doc and he told me to go to the hospital to get checked. They did an ultrasound, and everything looked great, but I continued to have contractions and doc wanted them to keep me overnight. I told him I would much rather go home and come back if needed and he let me : )

Everything calmed down, so I am set to have her Friday for sure, yay!!!! I was kinda stressing at the last few things I have to do before she gets here. I also got to meet the nurses who will be caring for me this Friday, and all were super sweet.
Oh, how scary!! Did they tell you what they thought happened?

Nothing going on here, except that I didn't take my magnesium two nights in a row, thinking I should cut back on it since I'm so close to term. But I was having awful BH and leg cramping again, so I won't be skipping it again any time soon. I didn't realize how much good it was doing!