Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #241
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd.... The thread continues! Ajane I think everyone whose nose is out of joint is just jealous of you because they wish they could nap too. Just like everyone jumped on me because they were jealous of my perfect marriage. It's probably going to invite 10 more pages of flames but not only do I have a perfect marriage, but I also nap some days too
Nah, I prefer not to be delusional.

Maybe your nose was out of joint earlier because you're jealous other people have outlets and aren't afraid to be brutally honest, or have a sense of humor.

See, I can imply someone disliking something is more than it actually is, too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Advertisement

Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #242
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What does nose is out of joint mean? I have never heard that before
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #243
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why Are Most Men So Ill-Equiped To Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
I don't know either. I have this visual of someone's nose being broken and sideways and having to snap it back in place.
I didn't read the whole thread, I'm thinking maybe I should've hah.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #244
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post

Why should people care what others' priorities are? Napping is a priority for me and I should be able to say that without someone else judging me. I never said anyone else should have that as a priority. Not everyone needs the same amount of sleep. I, however need a lot and it seems as though my kids get that from me as well. I also never said that "napping is a matter of priorities", I said it is a priority for me. Others will have other priorities and that is fine. If they state what is a priority for them I am surely not going to be offended or feel inadequate in my parenting.

It has to do with a lot of assumption and your last sentence says that. Many people do a lot of assuming instead of asking or clarifying what someone means. I see it happen a lot.
And I never claimed you said that? I gave an example. So I don't understand why you would put that statement in quotes, when it was never said.

All I did was explain why people are taking offense to it. You listed a bunch of things you're able to do, and summed it up with the statement "it's all about priorities " That implies that the reason you're able to do all of those things is because your priorities are a certain way. When in fact, it's an accumulation of variables.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #245
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
Panties in a twist.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #246
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh

Panties in a twist.

Ah ok
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #247
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:

Ok, fine. Apparently it was my fault that I didn't say it's all about MY priorities. I added the winking smilie to add that is what is important to me. But, I digress. Everyone can jump on my case and call me insensitive and making others think they should feel inadequate. But everyone else can assume away, interpret their own way and make statements/judgements based on ASSUMPTION. I think it is pretty ridiculous.

This whole thing would have been prevented if someone who took it as hurtful or offensive would have just asked for clarification.
But yet you assume she's jumping on you? She was doing the same thing I was, explaining. And actually, of all the posts regarding this, hers was the least judgmental considering it wasn't judgmental in the slightest.

It also could've been avoided by different wording. So playing the blame game is a bit silly. Everything spoken, especially typed, in going to be interpreted in a variety of ways. Getting defensive is on par with being just as ridiculous as you think being offended is. You explained yourself, everyone gets it.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #248
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
And I never claimed you said that? I gave an example. So I don't understand why you would put that statement in quotes, when it was never said.
You typed those words so I quoted them. Here is your post and the bolded is what you typed that I quoted:

Quote:
I think mamas get offended when someone says it's a matter of priorities, because really, it's not. If you have a newborn that's up every hour, sleep priorities don't matter. You will be up every hour. It's a matter of situation, priorities and just plain luck (e.g. if your child takes naps until age 2 or age 5). So when someone acts like if you make it priority, you can do it, it's simply not true. That's not always an option. And a lot of people read that, and think someone is saying, "Oh well if you wanted it badly enough you'd find a way." Whether that's what they mean or not.

Quote:
All I did was explain why people are taking offense to it. You listed a bunch of things you're able to do, and summed it up with the statement "it's all about priorities " That implies that the reason you're able to do all of those things is because your priorities are a certain way. When in fact, it's an accumulation of variables.

Well if people are taking offense then they need to ask for clarification, not what it implies or what they assume.

Yes, it is what *I* am able to do and *my*priorities hence the winking smilie face. My priorities ARE a certain way. That doesn't mean someone else's priorities that are different are wrong. It means those are their priorities and guess what? We can all have different priorities! And no, it doesn't imply that anyone is wrong.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #249
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Well if people are taking offense then they need to ask for clarification, not what it implies or what they assume.
If somebody says something that is generally considered offensive, I don't think it's unusual to take offense without asking for clarification... Every time somebody says something that I find offensive I don't ask them "Excuse me, what exactly did you mean by that?". That just seems so odd. Of course, this will result in misunderstandings, but that's just part of life to a degree.

Of course, now I just have this mental image of people going around asking everyone "Was that meant to be offensive?" like little socially lost puppies, which is I'm sure not what you meant at all but very amusing in my head.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #250
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am going to suggest that everyone who is about to start menstruating, or is currently pregnant, step away from this thread. It would be sad if the posting here surpassed the "10 reasons not to circumcise your son" thread.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote