Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:54 AM   #1
alyssamama22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Feeding 11 mon old baby . help please

Hi , my daughter is giving me a hard time all of a sudden. She won't eat her baby food, she turns her head like tuck get away. So I have been giving her table food for 3 days and trying to sneak in her vegtables. What can I make to give her so that she eats her veggies. She's my first so its all new to me, I need your tips and suggestions. Thank u ladies!

Advertisement

alyssamama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
GreenDahlia
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeding 11 mon old baby . help please

My 11 month old is doing the same thing. I think I remember DD1 going through that too. Hopefully it's just a phase that will pass!
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
~Mae West
GreenDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

11 months is still very young. Have fun with solids. Don't push, let her go at her own pace. As long as she's receiving breast milk or formula then she is still getting the nutrition she needs.

My son was the same way, so I backed off. He started liking more foods after his first birthday, then he started trying more and having more of an appetite. He continued to nurse and I gave him whatever he seemed to want and offered an assortment of foods. He now will eat all sorts of foods (including vegetables!). He eats more when he's going through a growth spurt, other times he eats like a bird, but he's very healthy and willing to try most things.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

My daughter loves her carbs I try to smoosh things in piece of a wrap, or put melted cheese on it. Try steamed veggies with a dip. My daughter likes dipping things. Maybe she'll drink a smoothie? What about veggie patties?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also, when you say "table food," do you mean bits of what you're eating. My son hated purees.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wouldn't worry at that age. The base nutrition is the breastmilk or formula.

I would just give the table foods - including the veggies - and let her eat what she eats. and really, I read somewhere that typical American households have only like 3 ways they eat veggies - raw, steamed or baked. Whereas typical households in other countries have like 20 different ways to offer each veggie, so they just keep offering in a different way. I think it has to do with spices, texture, cut, etc. so, just keep trying.

My daughter will eat carrots until she turns orange. but you put them in the crock pot with a roast and she will not touch them. Sometimes they just don't like things a certain way, but they will eat them another way. She's the same way with green beans. They need to be canned (won't eat frozen) and they can't have stuff on them (like green bean cassserole), she likes them plain.

HTH
Old 01-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

My kids all love frozen peas.

Food right now is just for fun. Don't worry about what they eat. Just offer healthy things and leave it at that.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Food isn't really important at this age, just getting her used to eating in general.

We skipped purees completely, my kids didn't like them. They got much more excited about eating the same things I was eating. There were short periods of time they refused veggies or some veggies, but then went back to eating anything. Just keep offering, but don't worry or make a big deal about it.