Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Katiebug_1976
Registered Users
seller

Not sure what to do...

Ok, so I have a diaper stash that will last my lil one until he potty trains and I was so happy that I wouldn't have to spend any more $$ on diapers, but...I'm haveing second thoughts now. My lil man still fits into most of his newborn stash even though he is almost 14lbs at 1 month old (I know, he's quite the chunk). Well, I got out my stash of onesize Kawaiis last week and have been using them along with the newborn prefolds, workhorses & flats and while they fit just fine, I find myself always choosing a prefold or workhorse & cover over the Kawaiis. I thought maybe I was just loving the simplicity of prefolds/workhorses & cover, but the reason I bought all Kawaii's with my other son was because they were easy & simple to use...so, I'm not sure what the deal is. I really don't have more $$ to spend on diapers, but I'm also sad at the thought that li man will outgrow his prefolds & workhorses before too long...hmm...what to do...I don't have much to sell of his newborn stash 'cause I was planning on using the prefolds for doublers so that just leaves a few covers & the workhorses. I'm not sure what my point is, but maybe I'll feel better after rambling to you guys...besides, you guys always have so many great ideas! Ok, thanks for listening to my rambling...got to get back to work (I'm so unmotivated today )

Advertisement

Katiebug_1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not sure what to do...

Well how many Kawaiis do you have?

Could you keep some for out and about and sell the rest. Tht can fund your pfs and whs.

What about night? What is your plan for night time? If it is Kawaiis then I would keep a little more.

For us we have 6 out and about diapers 6 night (but really only need 2 or 3) and everything else is pfs and flats.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope figure out something that works for you!

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Can you look to trade household stuff You don't needs for larger prefolds? Or stalk fsot. I have at times run across some amazing deals on prefolds except we just don't need them ourselves(we have 6-7 dozen that currently fit). You can then use your pockets as covers instead of stuffing them.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cotton babies has some cheaper pfs and they have free shipping. Maybe you could just order what you can afford now and use them and the kawaiis until you decide exactly what you want. I do both personally, I like them each for different reasons, so I like a little of each around.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote