Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #21
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013~ weekly chat ~ 1/28-2/3

I'm 10 weeks today

have my appt next Thursday and hopefully my ob will do another u/s then, so we can finally announce to everyone that I'm pregnant and not fat

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #22
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Soo- today mil was over at the house and we were talking about labor etc. I said that I wanted to labor at home and head to the hosp when I was close. We were talking about what to do with the lo's and she said my niece could watch them in the lobby while she was in the room with us.... uh. no. you've been there for all three, I'm not letting anyone but dh in the room or someone with some medical training. Sorry. She didn't really say anything, but I could tell she was not happy with me. It's NOT your right as a gma to be there during delivery! lol I want my last birth to be intimate. I've had very public births with all three kids. No one believes we can hold out either about not finding out the sex. WTF ever. seriously. I haven't told my mom yet, about not being there, but she's 3 hrs away so probably won't be a big deal since I won't be calling anyone when labor starts. Sorry vent over.
I don't let anyone in the room when I'm in labor except DH, nurses, and OB. When I was induced with DD everyone stuck around (my parents, in-laws, etc) until they were wheeling everything in the room for the delivery. I was trying to be nice since it was my in-laws first grandchild and not tick anyone off, but my FIL kept rubbing my leg. He touched me more than my own husband during delviery!!!! I kept trying to give hints to DH that they needed to leave when I was in transition, but he didn't pick up on them.

After DD was born and I was pg with DS I told DH my concerns about delivery again and how I didn't care who I ticked off that time, I wasn't going to be petted like a darn dog while in labor by his father. He talked to both of his parents (luckily they were going through a divorce and his dad had moved away by this point) and told them that we weren't going to let anyone know that didn't immediatly need to know that I was in labor until the baby was here. Another stroke of luck happened for me when DS decided to come on his own.....at night!!!! It was sooooo much better at night, with no one even waiting in the waiting room!!!!! No one will be in there this time either....there are just toooo many things a person can see that could scar them for life if they came into the room when I'm giving birth.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #23
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonnose View Post
Hi! I joined the forum yearsssss ago when pregnant with my 1st and suddenly this morning remembered I am a member so thought I'd pop back since I am now pregnant with my 3rd. Hope it is ok to join you ladies

I currently have 2 in cloth but hoping my toddler is potty training before number 3 comes along I am also from the UK, don't know if there are many other UK members?

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all x
I had two in cloth for a a little over a year, and while it wasn't terrible or anything, I sure don't know what I'd do with three in cloth - or disposables, lol. I hope your toddler potty trains before the new one comes, too.

I'd kill my MIL if she wanted to be in the delivery room with us. I kicked my own mother out when I was in labor with DS. Well, this kid will most likely be another C/S anyway, so at least I don't have to worry about having to kick people out myself.

AOTW - Summer? What's that? I'm the world's whitest person and burn through SPF 30, poor DS is just as pale, so we don't spend a lot of time near the water. But it's so nice to do anything outside after being stuck inside all winter. I'm so looking forward to it.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #24
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

OMG, Katie, you were much nicer to your FIL that I would have been. That must have been so freaking awkward!!!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #25
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would have been horrible to my FIL in that situation.

I say awful things when I'm laboring. Lots of F-bombs being dropped. I told my husband to "Stop effing standing there and push on my back." and then several moments later, "Don't effing touch me!" I don't remember this, but of course, I've been reminded of it several times LOL.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #26
momto2princesses
Registered Users

It's just me and dh in labor (and the midwife). No one else allowed. Except for this time my kids will be there if they want to be. I'm pretty sure they will both want to. I don't mind visitors at the house, once the baby arrives, but I could not stand to have someone other than our immediate family there.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #27
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

My parents were invited to come to the birthing center while I was in labor with ds. Since the place was so small they would have probably been a small part of it even though they were planning on staying in the waiting room. Well when the time came and they were texting dh to see if they could come up yet, I was almost to transition and changed my mind! No way did I want them there, I was naked and bleeding all over the place. LOL
Labor with dd was the same, just dh I and the midwives. For #3 I have invited my mom. I think Ill be comfortable with it, and have a couple jobs for her if she wants them She's a photographer and Id LOVE to have a few pictures of the baby being born, and baby, dh and I right after
Plus Ill need someone to squeeze my hips together on the last push. Well hopefully these MWs will be ok with dh catching the baby, so hopefully Ill need her for that job

@ buttonnose welcome to our group

I CDed two kids at the same time too, 3 Im not so sure about, you'll definitely have your hands full! Could you start working with pling with your oldest now and see how he/she does with it?

Last edited by threelittlehoneys; 01-29-2013 at 06:24 PM.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #28
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
I'm 10 weeks today

have my appt next Thursday and hopefully my ob will do another u/s then, so we can finally announce to everyone that I'm pregnant and not fat
Very excited for you! I cant imagine anyone thinking youre fat though You look very pregnant and not at all fat
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #29
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

You guys are cracking me up!! I didn't really mind having the mom's in there for my first. My mom was awesome during my second, kinda like a doula.

When my ydd was about 6m's I took on 2 lo's - 2.5 and 9m. So I had 4 lo's all in diapers. I cd'd them all and it wasn't that bad. But I had a ton of pockets and pf's. Luckily My odd and the other older one pt'd pretty soon after that.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:32 AM   #30
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
I'm 10 weeks today

10 weeks! =)