Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: psoriasis help!

Never heard of pinetar soap. Can you use pinetar soap on the scalp? I sometimes suffer from psoriasis too. A couple of things that have helped me is...not taking steamy hot showers...just luke warm and applying white vinegar to affected areas. HTH

S wife to my BFF M (5/02), SAHM to DD T (9/07), DD J (12/10) & & DS T (8/12)

My gone but not forgotten ^i^ DS T (9/06)

Last edited by bamababies; 01-28-2013 at 01:43 PM.
bamababies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by Junipervt View Post

it smells weird while you're using it, but thankfully the smell doesn't stick around on your skin. at least I've not noticed it to on DS.
It certainly does! But no, it doesn't stick around. I just bought some A African black soap. Only used it once but felt awesome. Didn't strip my skin at all. I would think it would be a great soap to use. I mentioned the pine tar soap to my mom for her psoriasis. She said that her grandpa - back in the day- would rub pine tar oil on his cuts and scrapes and dry skin. I've bought it on Amazon and at GNC. The soap that is.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #13
Registered Users

I have psoriasis on my elbows and scalp and the only thing that helped at all was Curel RestoraDerm lotion. However a couple of weeks ago I had a yeast infection and started taking a Yeast Balance probiotic capsule every day and not only did it get rid of the yeast infection it significantly improved my psoriasis. I was having scaling twice a day at it's worst, and while it is still dry and itches some I have had no scaling in a week! It might not work for everyone but it's worth a try. I used a brand specifically for women (RePhresh) but the Pearl brand has a YB that would probably work just as well and is cheaper.
Jesus follower, pacifist, homeschooled, homeschooling mama of 5
For there to be peace at home there must be peace in the heart. ~Lao Tzu
Leah52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:12 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
Interesting. I get psoriasis on my scalp maybe ill try this
Natural Wahmama to Simone 13, Ruby 11 & Baby Boy Silas 2/24/12

Source Specializing in Embroidered Wool & Clothing Sets!! Interlock & Upcycled
Bitty Fluff Congo Adorable Newborn Fluff!
carriecook'n'sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #15
Registered Users

Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
My itchy dry flaky skin is driving me nuts!!!!

I am 6 months pregnant & don't plan to go to the doctor for it Bc I refuse to use steiroid creams. I am looking for natural product ideas. Also suggestions on where to buy the products (we live near whole foods & sprouts if that helps or nonlinear retailers)

I have heard about calendula, borage., kukui nut & apricot oils. Suggestions?

Ive tried coconut oil, grapeseed, & vaseline (yuck!

Worse place is my shins followed by thighs, butt / hip, head, upper back/ neck, behind my ears & above my eyebrows!
Have you tried witch hazel? It's relatively inexpensive, easy to find and does not burn. I had some awful dry hot spots appear on my hands right around Christmas and tried pure shea butter (I use as my "lotion") as well as the ones you tried with no luck. Then I heard witch hazel helps with dry skin, something about restoring the oils so it's best to apply after a shower. Seriously, within three days, the redness is gone and the flakes are less. Oh, and as a bonus, it works as a toner and puffy eye reducer. I am a convert!
Brinklen is offline   Reply With Quote