Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What termonology do you use with DS/DD??

Originally Posted by lissa2061 View Post
Just today when we were leaving to go to church my eldest asked if he could take his penis with him. I about choked laughing and assured him that he would not have to leave it behind.
HILARIOUS! Write that one in the baby book!

Mmm, lessee...

nipples (which she also calls these giant beads on her grandma's purse--'Jama, can I play with your nipples?' )

DH squirmed every time DD mentioned her 'gina' or daycare baby's penis, but I'm glad we went w/ the correct terminology. Got over any awkwardness now...

Erika--Cloth Diapering (again!), Extended Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Signing and Delayed/Selective Vaxxing Mama to 7y/o Ramie, 4 y/o Reese and newbie Sebastian

Last edited by beenwaitingalongtime; 07-10-2008 at 02:46 PM.
beenwaitingalongtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

we say both penis and peenie ween, booty tush and butt, poop, pee, nipples and nip nips, mommy has a vagina or gina (kids can't get the v sound, so vulva was out). They know anatomically correct and cutesy names.
~Cassie~ Single Mom to Jordan 9/04 and Jaxon 6/06 and Kelli 10/08 and 1/11 and Jevin 12/11
Check out my gallery! PM me for YYMN and other knitting needs.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:51 PM   #23
Registered Users

We use pee pee, privates, bottom and booty for our son. Daddy's is a pee pee or his privates, and mommy's is her privates. At the moment we don't want to encourage any fascination or over emphasis of these things, everyone has private parts. When he is older we will teach him the difference and significance/full function of these parts, he's too young now.
Founding Editor of Natural Family Today
Momma to Gregory, Ezekiel, & Edward (UC), EDD mid Oct (UP/UC #2)

Last edited by peetred; 07-14-2008 at 11:53 PM.
peetred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:53 AM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

I've never used the correct terms with mine. When I was growing up..girls had tooties and boys had worms. lol My little sister (who is 3 years older than my ODD) came up with tootle, so that's what my girls use...or they'll call it a pee-pee. With DS, we use pee-pee. And we just use butt or bottom.
Amanda: mommy to DDs Alyssa and Trinity (ADHD) and DS Joseph "LJ" (aspergers, ADHD) and my fur baby Bella Rae Wife to Joe
AVDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #25
Registered Users
My Mood:

We use penis and scrotum for DS.
Vegan wife to my BFF and love, J . CoSleeping, ing, BFing , babywearing, selective vax'ing, non-circing mama to G 3/22/11.
azsuma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #26
Registered Users
My Mood:

Great thread - thanks to the pp for remind us about "vulva" as the catch-all for girls - it can be extremely confusing to know the difference between all of those hard to see parts especially when they've been covered by a diaper for the most part

I have taught her:
Bottom / tushie (although, DD says tushie as the catch-all for private parts, it seems)
Boobies / breasts / nipples
Vagina (she says 'jina - DH hates I'm glad to be reminded of vulva!)

I decided to be frank on terminology because I wanted her to be anatomically fluent before sending her off to preschool next fall.
It was suggested to me by an expert in potty learning that parents teach their kids all of the correct words, both so our kids can communicate well with non-parental caregivers and parents if anyone ever tries touch them in an inappropriate way, and of course for other people to help with pottying at childcare.
piccolabambola is offline   Reply With Quote