Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #21
KatieG-Lux
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

My delivery went pretty well. I was able to deliver vaginally but....it took 3 hours and got a spinal headache. Baby A came out first, not problem but B was breach so them turned him and then I closed to 8cm. So they loaded up the pitocin and I just kept pushing. My Dr. was great to let me wait. She know how bad I did not want a c-sec so as long as his heart rate was stable, they let me wait. Key factor was that baby B was a whole pound bigger than baby A. Bonus: we made it to 37 weeks

I dont have a breast friend nursing pillow, Ive been using couch pillows and pump VERY often since I had to return to work at 6 weeks. The hands free pump bra is a LIFE SAVER! I just heard about this consignment sale - nation wide - called Just Between Friends - check it out in your area. Tons of kid and baby stuff really cheap.

I do have 15 preemie, unbleached prefolds I can unload now, and will have orange GMDs in the near future.

Advertisement

KatieG-Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #22
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Aww Heather I'm sorry you're still dealing with m/s!! Darn it! Today has been pretty bad and if I wasn't afraid of losing nutrients for the babies, I think I'd gag myself and throw up just to feel better! Thankfully DH is really awesome and brought home ginger ale and ramen noodles. I know, but the only thing that sounded good and I NEVER eat ramen! So weird.

Excited for you to find out the genders and whether they're ID or fraternal! KUP!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #23
KatieG-Lux
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also, check out bountifulbaskets.org Its a food co-op thats rapidly growing. If its in your area, you can get tons of fruit and veggies every week for super cheap ($15). Plus, if your able to volunteer, you'll get to know the locals and they can hook you up with more community information. I love volunteering at mine

Im going to my first Multiples play group this Friday, so Ill let you know how it goes.
KatieG-Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #24
saraOH
Registered Users

I feel fine. I keep waiting for the other show to drop but overall this pregnancy has been similar to my two singletons. We are clothe diapering so I am on a mission to knit lots of wool covers and my fluff stash is pretty well ready except for prefolds.
saraOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #25
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveec View Post
Hi I'm 12 weeks preg with twins. I'm currently on bedrest due to a subchorionic hematoma. I'm hoping I'm team pink since I already have two boys!!
Sorry to hear you are already on bedrest That can't be fun. I hope you get to even the playing field!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraOH View Post
Hi, I'm Sara. 22 weeks along with twin boys. We wanted a third baby and got surprised with baby 3 and 4. They are fraternal and all is well so far. Nice to meet everyone!
Congrats on the boys! We were going for #5 and got #5 & #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket24 View Post

Did anyone else feel nauseous still around 12 weeks?
I've always felt nauseous around 12 weeks with all my pregnancies, and I still feel nauseous. It's getting worse again, it was a little better from about 16 weeks to 25 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieG-Lux View Post
Hey, mind if I join? Im Katie and I just delivered my twin boys in November. 2 months ago today. These are my first, we have my boyfriends 3 girls 1/2 the time. Id love to answer any questions you might have about the pregnancy, and possibly unload all this twin stuff when Im done with it since there most likely wont be more coming.
Hi Katie! Congrats on the boys! Thanks for being willing to share

AFM: We found out Friday that we are having 2 more girls! Ahhh! My poor son cried Everything looks pretty good. They thought one baby's abdomen was measuring a bit small, so we have another u/s in 2 weeks, but the weights weren't far off, so I'm not worried about it. Fun to see lots of other expectant and new twin moms
Old 01-30-2013, 03:35 AM   #26
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Katie, that sounds really good, I'll have to check it out. For sure let us know how the multiples group is!

Sara, I'm kind of doing the same thing but trying to stay positive about the rest of the pregnancy too. Still nervous and worry a lot though.

Brook, congratulations on twin girls!! Glad to hear things are going well! Sorry your poor DS was upset Hopefully once he meets his new sisters that'll go out the window.

AFM, Had my 12 week appointment and it was overall good. It took a long time but only because it was my first one with this OB group and they had to get all of my info. Apparently I have a lot of "issues" between having twins and previous pregnancy complications. Blah. Didn't care for that part but I guess I should be grateful they're being very cautious with me. NT scan is scheduled for the 7th!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #27
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
I would like to join! I found out today at my NFT ultrasound that it's twins! Very excited!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #28
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma View Post
I would like to join! I found out today at my NFT ultrasound that it's twins! Very excited!
Congratulations! That's very exciting!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #29
themrshunt
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I'm so excited, I just found this thread. I'm really excited to get to know you all and for us to all go on this kidney together!

I'm Whitney, 18 weeks with boy/ girl twins. We just found out their genders yesterday. I had been thinking that was what they were but I was so nervous during the ultrasound. Baby boy is baby A so we got his gender really quick and then it took forever to get baby girl to cooperate.

The tech was also a little hesitant about the fact that he is 10 oz and she is 8 but from what I have read it should really be like 2 singleton pregnancies at the same time, right? Different genetic makeup can make them different sizes I would think.

I am still getting sick some days (like today) but it is nothing like the first trimester. We already have a 2 year old son so chasing after him makes me so tired! I can't imagine adding 2 more to the mix.
themrshunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #30
lindsey.leanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I didn't realize this thread was here! I am 11 weeks pregnant with our second set of twins. Can't wait to get to know you all.