Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #11
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Beware of Babyland & other "China" eBay nappies

I bought 2 babyland diapers on Ebay awhile ago- I was up late with the baby and my tiredness made me unable to not bid on cheapie diapers. I only ended up paying a little more than $1 for each one and let me tell you- they were not even worth the $1 I paid. They were so small even fully un-snapped and the "insert" was a glorified washcloth. I wasn't expecting much and I got what I expected. I guess I knew they were going to be junk but the thrill of buying a diaper for $1 at 2 am was just so exciting to me I couldn't pass them up

I ended up giving them away for just free on here because I would have felt bad making another mama pay one cent for them.

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #12
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have been using cloth for 23 years, through 8 babies.

I have found some fantastic wahm's who make the most beautiful products, ones that you absolutely love using and fit perfectly, wash well and stand up to the washing really well and you don't mind paying top dollar for them.

I have also used a whole lot of mass produced medium price range diapers.

I have also used the china cheapies, what I think is that for what you pay for the china ones (a few dollars) they really are very good value for money compared to a lot of the medium price mass produced ones. I have had sunbaby's last longer than some other medium priced popular PUL pockets.
Yes you get a superior product from a lot of wahms but you are paying more too. I think they stand alone really, you can't compare them to china cheapies, you can compare a lot of the medium priced ones though and I think the china ones hold up fairly well in comparison.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:16 AM   #13
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

The China stuff is hit and miss. It really does help to join a few co-ops and read personal reviews of different brands. It's not particularly fair to lump them all together when there are several different companies and different factories, but I understand reviews tend to be mixed and sometimes the quality can vary from batch to batch of diapers.

I bought some JC Trade diapers on a whim about 2 months ago because I fell in love with the cute Christmas prints. So far the quality of them seems great. I guess time will tell if they last as long as some of the US brands, but for the price, I can afford to replace them if they don't.
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 AM   #14
creative_catch
Registered Users

Since I work in the export business I've learned the diff between American companies that manufacture their goods in China, and Chinese companies trying to sell to the American market via eBay. Fuzzi buns and other American brands that source from China still have to adhere to the US's strict regulations in terms of chemical quality, and undergo testing, as well as quality control standards. THey have to pass customs, etc. The China eBay nappies are sometimes the "same" factories doing "night shift" production with cheaper quality materials. By selling through eBay they don't have to deal with materials testing, quality control, etc since eBay lets anyone sell just anything, right?

Just thought I'd put that out there!
creative_catch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:06 AM   #15
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative_catch
Since I work in the export business I've learned the diff between American companies that manufacture their goods in China, and Chinese companies trying to sell to the American market via eBay. Fuzzi buns and other American brands that source from China still have to adhere to the US's strict regulations in terms of chemical quality, and undergo testing, as well as quality control standards. THey have to pass customs, etc. The China eBay nappies are sometimes the "same" factories doing "night shift" production with cheaper quality materials. By selling through eBay they don't have to deal with materials testing, quality control, etc since eBay lets anyone sell just anything, right?

Interesting!
(I refuse to support China Cheapies.)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:44 AM   #16
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to admit I chuckle inside when I see these threads cause I absolutely LOVE my Babyland diapers from eBay (hairworlds seller only). My whole 52 diaper stash is Babylands and has been for 2 kids now. Before that we did mostly BG with a mix of others- FB, HH, Coolababy, Green Acres, and lots others and EVERY single one wore out fast than my Babylands except Bumware and Green Acres. So for me, the "China cheapies" have been better quality and well worth the money
Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #17
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also refuse to buy Cheapie China diapers for the quality issue, manufacturing concerns, shipping, etc. etc. (the list goes on). What really gets me though is not supporting the U.S.A.

Spunkify is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #18
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative_catch View Post

interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post
I also refuse to buy Cheapie China diapers for the quality issue, manufacturing concerns, shipping, etc. etc. (the list goes on). What really gets me though is not supporting the U.S.A.
there are so many products that are near-impossible to find "made in usa" but not cloth diapers! i want my hard-earned dollars to stay in the country i live in!

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #19
simplykarenp
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post

there are so many products that are near-impossible to find "made in usa" but not cloth diapers! i want my hard-earned dollars to stay in the country i live in!
Exactly! It's so hard to only buy made in USA, but when I can, I always choose made in USA.
simplykarenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
mizzStephylynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought some china cheapies and expect them to be cheap, but if they work for us, at about $1 a piece, that's a risk I am willing to take.
mizzStephylynn is offline   Reply With Quote