Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #11
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Hemorrhoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun View Post
Thanks for the advice ladies! I think I will try all the things suggested I haven't tried yet.

nette: I'll try the kegels but I don't think I can do the fiber and more fruits and veggies! I have possible G.I. issues they can't officially diagnose until after I have the baby and I am scoped. I go daily multiple times which is why this stinks. The day all this started I went 7 times. eek.

ginger: no bleeding with my BMs thank god! Just a lot of pain.

This has been an ongoing issue even before pregnancy but before pregnancy it was much more manageable. I had my dh check it out when he got home (he is in the medical field) and he thinks it may be thrombosed? I think that is the word he used but that scares the heck out of me. Anyone ever have that?
I had to look up Thrombosed Hemmorhoid... pretty sure that is what I had based on the pain, size and how my DH described the blue coloring. I swear by the epsom salt baths and using icy cold witch hazel (stung when first applied, but quickly became soothing). I took some cloth wipes and soaked them in witch hazel in the fidge and then put them directly on the area and left them there for 20 ish mins while laying on my side. Also using wipes instead of toilet tissue helped alot! Hope you can get some relief soon!

Oh, and the day that I really suffered, I went poo soooo much and it wasn't hard at all... very loose and very frequent, so it was constant insult to injury sort of deal. And now I am terrified of getting a flair up during delivery.

Advertisement

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #12
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if you have a thrombosed roid, you can have it taken out in a outpatient office AFTER a day or 2. i highly suggest that. it takes the bulge out and there is NO more pain. I would call around to see what dr can do this 1st. DO NOT go to ER. also refuse any banding as thats the worst pain in the world I heard. lancing the thrombosed vein means they take the part out that sort of died. then it cannot refill. if you do this, put the lidocian cream on before appt, they put a needle in to numb then make a small incision and cut part of the vein out. no stitches. you have a small line that heals on its own. swelling will be gone at that appt tho. (my hubby just had it done & I had one done after tonsilectomy)

I also had a friend have to have major bum surgery for a bunch of roids after her birth. she tried to suck it up for a few days after birth but was bawling and it only got worse. i would NOT suck it up. get help.

you do not need to have firm bowels to get a roid. going often can cause it too. but once its thrombosed, it wont go back in. and yes you can have more after delivery cause you put strain on that area.

Last edited by homebirthmom; 01-30-2013 at 07:19 AM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #13
Covergirl
Registered Users
seller

After the birth of my first son, what worked for me was (1) sitz baths several times a day (one in the AM and one in the PM, IIRC); (2) every time I went to the toilet putting a dab of dibucaine cream on a Tucks witch hazel pad and wearing it (well, tucking it in) until I next had to use the bathroom; and (3) sitting on an inflatable donut (or sometimes my nursing Boppy). Good luck, mama, I remember breaking down crying at my post partum visit because of the incredible pain. The roids went away after a couple of weeks.
Covergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's the worst part of my pregnancy. I don't even mind the vaginal pain after birth it's the raging hemorroids. I get scared when I even think I have to go to the bathroom and have to wipe much less poop. It sounds gross but if they are hanging out push them back up inside and make sure everything is clean. Ticks wipes help some but the ONLY thing that cleared mine up after 8 months of causing me pain was a supplement called Vein Supreme. It's a vein strengthener. It cleared them up within 2 weeks!!! After I had suffered for months The doc prescribed me the foam and that did nothing.

I am 30 weeks now and I am going to start them as soon as they get here since they just started flaring up... Hopefully the after birth affects will be less.
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #15
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

after i had my son, i had 2 hemorrhoids... i left the witch hazel wipes there for continuous relief. and sitz baths helped a lot. i took hamemlis virginiana which helped a ton. and frozen pads.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #16
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Slice a white potato (like a russet) and put the white part (inside part, not the skin) against the hemorrhoids. Leave it on there for as long as you can tolerate it-I use to do this right before I went to lay down. It's a crazy home remedy that really works.

ETA: If you think having it cold would feel nice put them in the fridge before slicing.

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #17
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

oh wow thanks for all the new fabulous advice ladies! I'm about to go TMI here just a warning, lol. Ok, Today I can walk, it still hurts but the pain is still there. I'm using the boppy to sit on today and I started bleeding a lot so I asked dh to check it out. The hemorrhoid itself has a laceration on it but it doesn't seem to be going down in size so tomorrow I'm going to call my new doctor and see if I can get in and get this gross thing some help.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #18
mollym
Registered Users

My Mood:

You might want to consider taking a stool softener, like Colace. This won't make you go more often, it just means that when you do go, you don't have to strain as much.
mollym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #19
kirstkat
Registered Users

Have you looked into squatting when you need to go? I'm not coordinated enough to balance Ina squat on a toilet so I ended up shelling out for a "Squatty Potty" (it's a stool that kinda surrounds the toilet). Everything is in better alignment so there's a lot less pressure. it's helped a whole lot for me. My only other suggestion is if you need some humor, reading MODG blog posts on it. She always cracks me up. best of luck.
kirstkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #20
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi! How are you? Did you follow up with the doc?

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote