Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

TrueFit hard to tighten/straps come loose

I feel like I have such a hard time getting out TrueFit Premier tight enough. It's like I am pulling up on the strap to get it tight and it's so hard to get it tight! Then, if I don't make sure the clip to loosen the straps isn't pushed down, the straps come loose! Is that normal?

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
jess71903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TrueFit hard to tighten/straps come loose

It's normal that it's hard to tighten. If I'm imagining it correctly, you have the seat rear-facing and you are pulling up to tighten the straps, then the adjuster thing get stuck in the up position on your car's seat back or the strap is getting pinned and pulling up on it, so it stays open. A common trick for tightening is to reach around the back of the seat and pull down on the harness as you pull the adjuster strap.

You need to uninstall your seat and make sure the adjuster is functioning properly. If it is uninstalled, it must just be getting caught on the vehicle seat. If that's the case, you might try wedging a rolled wash cloth down at the adjuster strap in a U-shape around it to push the vehicle seat away a bit. If it's not, then first make sure there's nothing stuck in it, and if not, contact the company.

ETA: another thing I thought of: it would be good if you could learn to not adjust the harness each time. I do occasionally, but not every ride. I use the continuous loop harness to my advantage and just pull up on the side that I need some slack in to get my child in, then even up and buckle.

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida

Last edited by jess71903; 01-29-2013 at 07:39 PM.
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess71903 View Post
It's normal that it's hard to tighten. If I'm imagining it correctly, you have the seat rear-facing and you are pulling up to tighten the straps, then the adjuster thing get stuck in the up position on your car's seat back or the strap is getting pinned and pulling up on it, so it stays open. A common trick for tightening is to reach around the back of the seat and pull down on the harness as you pull the adjuster strap.

You need to uninstall your seat and make sure the adjuster is functioning properly. If it is uninstalled, it must just be getting caught on the vehicle seat. If that's the case, you might try wedging a rolled wash cloth down at the adjuster strap in a U-shape around it to push the vehicle seat away a bit. If it's not, then first make sure there's nothing stuck in it, and if not, contact the company.

ETA: another thing I thought of: it would be good if you could learn to not adjust the harness each time. I do occasionally, but not every ride. I use the continuous loop harness to my advantage and just pull up on the side that I need some slack in to get my child in, then even up and buckle.
Thank you for all the tips. They definitely help!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
GirlFriday13th
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't adjust every time either, the continuous harness is nice for that. But if I do need to tighten it, I find its easier to buckle the chest clip, tighten and then buckle the crotch strap, it's much smoother that way.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlFriday13th View Post
I don't adjust every time either, the continuous harness is nice for that. But if I do need to tighten it, I find its easier to buckle the chest clip, tighten and then buckle the crotch strap, it's much smoother that way.
Interesting! I'll have to try that too.