Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #101
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

Deviled eggs with dijon & bacon in the egg yolks are amazing too. I basically took this recipe-- http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...-muffin-melts/ -- took out the cheese and turned it into a deviled egg or egg salad. DD and I totally nom it.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #102
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Omg..I alwYs put bacon in my deviled eggs. Ahhmazzzing!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #103
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

See, I hate mustardy things so I've ALWAYS not liked regular deviled eggs. These have me excited and I'm definitely sprinkling bacon on them. Yum.

Isn't bacon a separate paleo food group? Make sure you have meat, veggies, and bacon at every meal. ;-)

Last edited by MarieSeeking; 01-30-2013 at 03:53 PM.
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #104
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
Did you resist??? o_O

Just when I thought that I couldn't like Mark Sisson more... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-y...#axzz2JO8vaEl0
Nice!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
Skatha89.....we eat mainly fruit and hard boiled eggs for breakfast...both take very little prep. Lunch I usually have leftovers and salad. The only meal I really need to prep is dinner....I generally buy in bulk and as I'm separating it, I add a marinade before I freeze it. That way all I have to do is defrost it.

I've been really really bad the last week, lol! And the funny thing is I have lost nearly 5lbs even though I have had grain and a good amount of splenda. I have less energy though...I need to get back on the band wagon.
nicely done on the loss!! I've recently started watching carbs, while staying paleo-esk, and I'm dropping pounds WAY faster than I was before! Yeah Baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking View Post
I am going to a Paleo Super Bowl party! One less bullet to dodge...

I think I'm taking these...

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fat-g...#axzz2JUHrIjOa
GENIUS. Pure Genius. I love this idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking View Post
See, I hate mustardy things so I've ALWAYS not liked regular deviled eggs. These have me excited and I'm definitely sprinkling bacon on them. Yum.

Isn't bacon a separate paleo food group? Make sure you have meat, veggies, and bacon at every meal. ;-)
I think it must be! good grief!

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #105
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatha89 View Post
May I join you ladies? I'm eating GF at the moment and thought what the heck, might as well cut out most grains and get a few Paleo cookbooks. I'm attempting my first Paleo meal plan for next week and would love ideas for prep ahead breakfast/lunch/snacks and dinner ideas!
Hi! That's kinda how I ended up eating mostly paleo as well, toyed with GF for awhile and then thought - why not?

ideas? We love easy for breakfast mostly, fruit, smoothies, raw veggies in ranch , bacon and eggs, but sometimes we do banana pancakes - I love them! Just an egg and a banana, whip it up and fry it like a pancake, reminds me of crepes. Only we do them really small so they're bite size almost. They cook faster that way! Sooo tasty and sweet! They don't even need honey or maple syrup ;-)

lunch? sauteed veggies has been my go-to lately. sometimes with chicken thighs. Or bacon. Or just a buffet of fruits and veggies. Maybe nitrate free deli ham - DD loves that stuff. ha!

snacks - we made plantain brownies today. OH goodness they were good! and if we had gotten even fancier I would have whipped up frozen bananas, it tastes *just* like ice cream. I LOVE it! hmmmm, might even go make that right now.... there's some brownies left.....

make ahead dinner? Crockpot!! Stew, etc. I'm not a big soup-eater, but I like stew. Pork, veggies = yum. and you can freeze it so easily too.

eta: I juice almost everyday as well lately, so that's often breakfast. snacks we also do "ants on a log" (raisins and pb on celery) and clementines. I guess I didn't really answer your question for "make ahead" stuff much tho! Sorry! I'm not good at making ahead, I just want "make it fast". someday!

Last edited by Sakari; 01-30-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #106
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't stand bacon right now LOL

I got a chicken salad at Chipotle yesterday and picked the chicken out. We had chicken veggie soup the other night... and I picked the chicken out. We had beef teriyaki from the crock pot last weekend and I ate pineapple and carrots with a side of strawberries. I had chicken fried rice tonight-- and I picked the chicken out. Noticing a pattern here?

The only meat I am eating right now is beef jerky (not the paleo stuff) and ham lunch meat on english muffins with egg (sooo not paleo).

I've been getting migraines every other day (at least) and my eczema is back in full force and then some. I am having a hard time deciding if this is hormonal or poor eating, as I've not been pregnant AND paleo. I keep thinking that I am going to switch back, but then I start getting hardcore cravings for non-paleo things and everything else makes me nauseated.

Does anyone have any opinions about white rice? I know it is pure sugar/starch, but I think that if I went back to paleo + rice, I might be okay. I could totally do egg/veggie fried rice, or teriyaki veggies over rice. I recall reading somewhere that it is the most innocuous of all of the grains as far as immune response goes, but I cannot remember where.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #107
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

One of my favorite paleo/primal breakfasts is an omelet with bacon, sauteed portabello mushrooms, onions and a bit of sharp cheddar if you can handle it. I've also been known to throw in peppers, chives and/or green onions.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #108
Sakari
Registered Users

Yep, I've heard that about rice too - that it's the "best" grain if you're going to eat one. I totally had some tonight!

We went out to a new Mexican restaurant. I devoured their cabbage slaw stuff that came with the chips! (chips = so not paleo. ) and then I had a chicken dish covered in cream (oops) and a few bites of my rice and beans. But honestly? They didn't do anything for me, so I left them and ate the rest of the chicken, one of DH's bacon covered shrimp (oh yeah! that's right!) and that cabbage!! YUM! hahaha!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #109
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally cried last night when DH brought home guacamole without chips from Chipotle (I totally asked for Chips & Guac). He goes, "Corn chips aren't paleo...." Like I didn't know that LOL.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #110
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Rice is the best option if your going to eat grains.

And now you have me wanting guac and chips. Thanks a lot. Lol!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote