Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:36 AM   #11
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Ready To Give Up Again - Ideas??

I hear ya!! I have had 8 babies in cloth and with the last 2 or so I have sold all my stash and re-purchased twice. What I a doing right now (because $$ wise I really need to keep using cloth) - I am using fleece only not wool, that eliminates the lanolising, drying etc. I have prefolds and fitteds which I use under the fleece. Then I have about 6 aio's for out and about and when I am too busy/lazy to do prefolds and it's working a lot better for me atm.
What I have found is that every single time my stash gets too varied, too complicated I have the desire to quit, so I spend a lot of time viewing "plain jane stash" and mimimal stash, threads to keep me on track.
I still use sposies some nights but I am trying to find something easy and failproof for nights so I can go 100% cloth.
Goodluck

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 01:48 AM   #12
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire

Makes perfect sense I felt burnt out in the beginning after spending way too much time researching diapers and figuring out what diaper I "need" to try next. Just go with a simple streamlined stash and don't look back!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Omg I need to take this advise!!

OP I feel the exact same way right now!!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:05 AM   #13
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hey, I only have 1 and sometimes think about taking a break!

I would go with flats/prefolds trifolded in covers and/or pockets. Plus some hemp doublers for night, and you are set with no need for fitteds (if you want to simplify further). Flats and pfs make washing super simple.
Also if you are trifolding no need for every size of gmd pfs - dd is 2, average size, and a yellow edge fits just fine in a fully unsnapped os pocket, so that would be less stashing/destashing to deal with.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think I would snappi because its so much trimmer under clothes. Im not sure if I could do all flats or not, maybe if I did 1/2 flats 1/2 WH's. But I need something for when everyone is melting down, baby is screaming and Im trying to keep my cool lol I guess thats when I could padfold.
BGEs would be perfect and I thought of that, but everyone is out of stock of most colors bc of the sale but they are currently my favorite diaper for DS. But I like prefold as well. . .I think Im to the point Ill use what I have, I just want it to be similar and simple.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #15
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ready To Give Up Again - Ideas??

Cotton babies has some BGE on seconds
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #16
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
After all this, DH is encouraging me to just be content with the stash I have insteas of thinking a new stash is the answer. He may be right.
I have enough AIOs for a day,
Enough fitteds/wool for a few days (which DS does best in)
And Prefolds for when I feel simple.

Maybe I am overthinking the whole thing an the answer is to use it cause I have it?

Ah, blah! LoL This is where I loose it. I do love my cute print fitteds an how DS rear is clear in wool. . .

Im a lost cause lol

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If hand washing wool is stressing you out, add a couple PUL covers to see if that makes your current stash easier. You could even get Dappi's pull ons - cheap and easy. They're 2/$5 with free shipping from Cotton Babies.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum