Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Hypothetically if your daycare provider.....

Let's just say you take your two and a half year old child to a daycare home.

Your child is sweet, wonderful and just all around awesome. Everybody thinks so.

But, your provider is slowly raising concerns to you about his or her development. She mentions how he only plays with children exactly one year younger. He has absolutely zero language skills, and can't do a few of the physical milestones other kids his age can do. He can run a little, and he can climb the jungle gym, but that's all.

You say something to your pediatrician, and he says "Daycare providers don't understand child development". (which makes your provider angry)

So... pretend you have another appointment tomorrow with your child, and your provider asks you again to have him evaluated for at LEAST hearing. Would you be offended? Is the provider overstepping?

Also, This provider happens to have gotten a hold of the test given to kids of his age. (27 months old...and also the 30 month old test) But, out of over 100 questions on the 27 month test, he can only do MAYBE four of them, and only with a little bit of help. (hand gestures) "Put the toy on the table" would need a hand gesture, but on the test is says NOT to use hand gestures. So, even those he would not be able to pass.

He fits in this group perfectly. I'm not complaining about behavior, he's really wonderful here. I don't want to offend the mom. (there is no dad... but, there is a huge extended family, he's very adored at home...they are all very attentive)

Would you be offended, upset, pull your child, If your provider sent you home with a copy of this test? Would you ask your doctor again for an evaluation?
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote