Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
10Newtons's Avatar
10Newtons
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,773
My Mood:
Where is everyone yarn shopping these days?

BST here and Spots are dead.....no co-ops that I can find going on?

Is everyone "over" yarn???

Advertisement

__________________
Yep! They are ALLLLLL mine!
Kris, Mama to 10 and Granmama to 4
10Newtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
HGrace's Avatar
HGrace
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,507
Re: Where is everyone yarn shopping these days?

Soooooo not over yarn But I bet it's slow right now coming off of Christmas (and the money spent during that time!) and people waiting for tax returns. Plus it might be kind of that in-between time of not shopping for winter woolies but not being ready to start spring/summer shopping. Coops do always seem a little slower during the month of January, probably mamas taking a break after Christmas
__________________
Hannah, blessed wife and mama to my sweet boy Ben (3/08), miss Cora Joelle (8/10) and our sweet baby lost 2/14, always in our hearts
Look here for info on custom artwork/portraits for trade!
HGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
10Newtons's Avatar
10Newtons
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,773
My Mood:
Re: Where is everyone yarn shopping these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGrace View Post
Soooooo not over yarn But I bet it's slow right now coming off of Christmas (and the money spent during that time!) and people waiting for tax returns. Plus it might be kind of that in-between time of not shopping for winter woolies but not being ready to start spring/summer shopping. Coops do always seem a little slower during the month of January, probably mamas taking a break after Christmas
I guess that makes sense. Hopefully it will pick up SOON! I need a project.
__________________
Yep! They are ALLLLLL mine!
Kris, Mama to 10 and Granmama to 4
10Newtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
HookedByCarolyn's Avatar
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,129
My Mood:
There's some in stock at yarn loft and bear & pants. And fairy blue coop going on.
__________________
Carolyn ~ mommy to 4boys (10.5, 7, 4, 18months) 2girls (5.5, 2) and 2^i^
KNIT GALLERY**MY STORE**CROCHET GALLERY
HookedByCarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
chickabiddy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,040
My Mood:
Re: Where is everyone yarn shopping these days?

Ravelry for coops and FOST?
There also seem to be a bunch of coops on Facebook. Luckily for my wallet I am totally lost there.
chickabiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Lake, NC
Posts: 1,861
My Mood:
Re: Where is everyone yarn shopping these days?

I was lucky enough to join the mosaic moon yarn club. I get 2 skeins of a surprise colorway and 1 skein of matching trim each month.
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
10Newtons's Avatar
10Newtons
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,773
My Mood:
Re: Where is everyone yarn shopping these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMommy6111 View Post
I was lucky enough to join the mosaic moon yarn club. I get 2 skeins of a surprise colorway and 1 skein of matching trim each month.
How fun!!!! I might have to try and do that sometime!
__________________
Yep! They are ALLLLLL mine!
Kris, Mama to 10 and Granmama to 4
10Newtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
FriedaT's Avatar
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,079
My DH won't let me get any yarn right now because I have too much waiting to be knit up. He doesn't understand the concept of a "stash", he thinks you should only get what you need

Mosaic Moon almost always has a co-op going on on Ravelry and YLU is always doing co-ops. Otherwise I'm not sure since I'm not shopping right now. Although, if anyone has 2 skeins of MM Dragon's Lair with gray trim on 3-ply merino, I'll bypass "the system" (my DH, lol) and take it off your hands! I never seem to have pp when that colorway comes up and it's one of my favorites.
__________________
ISO: MM Dragon's Lair (2) + trim (1) on Uruguay 3-ply
My FSOT includes Green Line, RagaBabe, BBB, Joey Bunz and more.
FriedaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #9
MrsStripe's Avatar
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nylar IV
Posts: 7,411
My Mood:
Re: Where is everyone yarn shopping these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedaT View Post
My DH won't let me get any yarn right now because I have too much waiting to be knit up. He doesn't understand the concept of a "stash", he thinks you should only get what you need

Mosaic Moon almost always has a co-op going on on Ravelry and YLU is always doing co-ops. Otherwise I'm not sure since I'm not shopping right now. Although, if anyone has 2 skeins of MM Dragon's Lair with gray trim on 3-ply merino, I'll bypass "the system" (my DH, lol) and take it off your hands! I never seem to have pp when that colorway comes up and it's one of my favorites.
I have one skein of it on that base an 2 skeins on MMS. I might have gray trim to match the 3ply, but you have to wait until April when kid3 makes their arrival to see if I keeping or could destash
__________________
Mama to 2 boys and a baby girl, married to a big boy, with a male hamster and a bunch of fish(the prettiest being male of course ). for my sanity. XL 14" inseam longies instock now!!!
Knitted stuff link Stripe Knits Grand Re-opening!!
Swag with me. Wool Destash - boyish sweaters small girly longies
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
ddcmommy's Avatar
ddcmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: san jose, ca
Posts: 4,427
My Mood:
Re: Where is everyone yarn shopping these days?

I'm on a yarn diet. UGH!!
__________________
Mae, Wife to D-Man, Mom to Dylan 10/23/06 Natalie 8/10/2009
Auctions on My HC- Hook&Needles
Will knit for yarn. PM me for details
ddcmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.