Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
JustSomeChickVee
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,662
The Car Seat Battle Chronicles

I am soooo tired of fighting DS into the car seat. We are still RF and I want to ERF. But for the past 2 months, it is a battle to get him in the seat because he twists to try to face forward. He is VERY strong. and hard headed lol. I basically have to stand in my van (I'm short,) hang over the car seat and pin him down, twist him over, pull his legs out from underneath him while he screams and hope I can move fast enough to get the harness on... and if I don't, which 90% of the time I don't get it the first time, we do it all over again, only with louder screaming and crying. it can take up to 10 minutes. I'm not sure what to do. It's driving me nuts.

Advertisement

JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Tris's Avatar
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,535
My Mood:
Re: The Car Seat Battle Chronicles

We got DVD players. Saved my sanity. Made car rides enjoyable, worth it 100%.
__________________
J- sahm to Z~12.07, A~4.09 and J~ 8.13
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
JustSomeChickVee
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,662
Re: The Car Seat Battle Chronicles

how much are they? i have a portable dvd player but i don't know if i can attach it like that. it's shaped like a tiny laptop.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
my2sweets's Avatar
my2sweets
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,910
My Mood:
Whrn my girls fought the carseat I used the caveman talk(dd mad, dd doesnt want in the seat, dd says no! But we have to be safe blahblahblah). After that calmed them I had them do the chest clip to *help me*. I might pretend to try it but fail then ask if they could do it. I would also ask if they wanted to do it or wanted me to try(which worked the best for my girls). I hope you can figure something out mama!
__________________
House Goddess & mama to 8 yr old princess L , 6 yr old mama magnet J and 9mos old love bug C

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
JustSomeChickVee
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,662
Re: The Car Seat Battle Chronicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets View Post
Whrn my girls fought the carseat I used the caveman talk(dd mad, dd doesnt want in the seat, dd says no! But we have to be safe blahblahblah). After that calmed them I had them do the chest clip to *help me*. I might pretend to try it but fail then ask if they could do it. I would also ask if they wanted to do it or wanted me to try(which worked the best for my girls). I hope you can figure something out mama!
I do caveman talk lol. it doesn't help he just gets louder. He's not old enough to help with the chest clip, but definitely something to try in the future.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,367
Car safety is one of those totally non-negotiable things for me. Both kids have gone through that stage, I just glare silently at them, squish them into the seat and off we go. Poor behavior gains them literally nothing - no attention, no amusing reaction from me - nothing. They got over it quickly.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
EmilytheStrange's Avatar
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mountain Home, ID
Posts: 7,418
My Mood:
Re: The Car Seat Battle Chronicles

I'm sorry

DD didn't go through that stage. but, sometimes she flat out doesn't want to be in the car and we have to battle to get into the carseat. I usually try to get a leg clip done first as opposed to getting both arms in and then clip the chest clip. If you can get 1 arm in and clip it to the leg thing, that is easier, in my opinion anyways

usually, I count with her, 1 arm, 2 arm, 3 chest, 4 leg, 5 leg. And we did go through a stage when I'd set her in the car and let her climb into the carseat on her own. That probably made her feel empowered in some way.
__________________
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
JustSomeChickVee
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,662
Re: The Car Seat Battle Chronicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
Car safety is one of those totally non-negotiable things for me. Both kids have gone through that stage, I just glare silently at them, squish them into the seat and off we go. Poor behavior gains them literally nothing - no attention, no amusing reaction from me - nothing. They got over it quickly.
hm. i'll try not responding to it at all. could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I'm sorry

DD didn't go through that stage. but, sometimes she flat out doesn't want to be in the car and we have to battle to get into the carseat. I usually try to get a leg clip done first as opposed to getting both arms in and then clip the chest clip. If you can get 1 arm in and clip it to the leg thing, that is easier, in my opinion anyways

usually, I count with her, 1 arm, 2 arm, 3 chest, 4 leg, 5 leg. And we did go through a stage when I'd set her in the car and let her climb into the carseat on her own. That probably made her feel empowered in some way.
yeah, DH told me to try clipping the leg clips first and it does help. I've also tried letting him climb in but as of right now, he just turns forward and tries to sit in it that way. lol!
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
GirlFriday13th's Avatar
GirlFriday13th
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 360
Re: The Car Seat Battle Chronicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
Car safety is one of those totally non-negotiable things for me. Both kids have gone through that stage, I just glare silently at them, squish them into the seat and off we go. Poor behavior gains them literally nothing - no attention, no amusing reaction from me - nothing. They got over it quickly.

It's a phase, ignore it and it'll pass quickly.
__________________
Alison, mama to my boys: KidA (12/07) and KidO(06/10)
GirlFriday13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
juliasmom's Avatar
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 2,561
My Mood:
I bribe my 2 yo with jelly beans to get in her carseat, put her arms in the straps and clip the chest clip. I started doing that when I was 8 months pregnant and just couldn't wrestle her anymore. I pick my battles, and that one is worth a few jelly beans a day. FWIW, I turned DD FFing 6 months ago and it didn't stop the struggling. Now she slips onto the floor.
__________________
Kim wife to Kyle and mommy to Julia 2/15/2010 and Clara 5/7/2012

Last edited by juliasmom; 01-31-2013 at 03:56 PM.
juliasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.