Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #101
MyLovely
Registered Users

Re: 2yo DD Touching Lady Parts. .

A couple of years ago, I watched that show "Secret Life of the American Teenager" with my teenage sister, and the token christian girl on the show spearheaded a "Just Say Me" campaign, which called for teens to masturbate regularly so that they were having safe sex with someone they loved

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #102
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't really see any mockery, but questioning what some are saying. There are many interpertations of what the Bible says, even people in the same faith don't always believe the exact same thing.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #103
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
So should we also teach our girls that menstrual cycles are shameful and a sign of impending sin since they appear quite a long time before marriage? It isn't a very good design, not that I believe in design, if you make humans mature sexually years before you allow them to actually enjoy the "design."
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
Yes and we should teach them they are unclean and have to be quarantined until it is over!
I consider these particular statements mockery, and there are a few others that are treading a fine line imo.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #104
Amjohnstone32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy

I consider these particular statements mockery, and there are a few others that are treading a fine line imo.
Agreed! Not only mockery to what someone believes, but mockery to the creator himself!

Which IMO, are not much different from one another!

But I suppose when you don't believe in a creator, this is what you get.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #105
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

...and the "shameful" list grows...
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #106
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amjohnstone32 View Post
Agreed! Not only mockery to what someone believes, but mockery to the creator himself!

Which IMO, are not much different from one another!

But I suppose when you don't believe in a creator, this is what you get.
So it is ok to say that my thoughts and beliefs are sinful, but I cannot ask a legitimate question about menstrual cycles without that being mocking? If the intent was to design people to fulfill certain ideals, then designing them with flaws (like being sexually mature long before sex is ok) seems to be odd, and pointing that out doesn't mean I'm mocking a creator I don't believe in. Pointing out a logical fallacy is not mocking.

If discussing the thought behind your beliefs offends you, then why be on a diverse discussion board where not all share your faith?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #107
Amjohnstone32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't think it is a falsity in the design. When a girl gets her period, It makes her more aware of her body, it causes her to mature and have to take care of herself.

If you look back at biblical times, actually women married much earlier than they do in modern days. 11-13, these were normal ages to have a husband.

I have to say that I am sorry because me talking about mockery against what I believe, Within that I have mocked the fact that you don't. So, honestly, I hope that you can forgive me for that. I just find it so hard to understand when people don't acknowledge the goodness of our Creator. Because he has been an amazing part of my life personally. I hope and pray that anyone who doesn't know him or feel him will be able to experience the same love that I have for him.

I am sure there are situations in all of our lives that have caused us to believe what we believe, and what we don't. But honestly we have to chalk it up to our past and the way that we were raised. What we've put on ourselves, and what others have put on us.

And I do agree, standing up for what you believe in, and mockery are not the same. But especially when you are reading things that are in text, and not face-to-face, Things can get really distorted.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #108
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
So it is ok to say that my thoughts and beliefs are sinful, but I cannot ask a legitimate question about menstrual cycles without that being mocking? If the intent was to design people to fulfill certain ideals, then designing them with flaws (like being sexually mature long before sex is ok) seems to be odd, and pointing that out doesn't mean I'm mocking a creator I don't believe in. Pointing out a logical fallacy is not mocking.

If discussing the thought behind your beliefs offends you, then why be on a diverse discussion board where not all share your faith?
From the way you post was written it did not much seem like a question, more like a jab. We were discussing something that is within human control, not a natural bodily function.

I am pretty certain more than one pp explained much better than I can why we believe what we do about the topic, I don't feel the need to repeat it. You may look at my post history, I have no problem explaining, but I won't continue a conversation that goes in circles, it seems pointless.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #109
MyLovely
Registered Users

Women in the bible were more or less quarantined during their periods. They had to sleep in separate beds and everything. Meaning there is actual scriptural support for isolation during menstruation, yet still zilch in terms of banning masturbation.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #110
Amjohnstone32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovely
Women in the bible were more or less quarantined during their periods. They had to sleep in separate beds and everything. Meaning there is actual scriptural support for isolation during menstruation, yet still zilch in terms of banning masturbation.
I think comes down to a heart issue. If you feel convicted about masturbating then that's your issue. If you feel convicted about having a glass of alcohol then that's your issue some people can do it some people cannot it just depends on where it takes you in your mind. If you feel that by doing something you're not honoring God and that is your own conviction. We are individuals with different convictions.

Don't judge me because I sin differently then you do.

It's your personal relationship with God. You have to answer to him at the end of the day, not me.