Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #11
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I don't mind the suggestions. I just mind when people get annoyed that we don't like the name.

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Name "suggestions" from others

I just tell them we'll add it to the list.

doesn't annoy me a bit. Since we still don't have names, we get asked about it a lot. but what can you do? I say we don't have names yet, but we're mulling some over.

I feel bad sometimes saying that we don't like the name, so I just say that it's not for us if it comes to that.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #13
LacyHolly
Registered Users

I have a friend who is constantly telling me that she would switch our boy and girl middle names around...I mentioned to her once that I liked Avery as the girl middle name, but my bf didn't and every time names get brought up she brings it up again how, "oh I would totally switch those two around if it were me" yea, well...it's not you lady! I just brush it off and ignore it, but it's getting really old...
LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #14
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My students (high school) offered to start coming up with names and I told them "nope!" They took it just fine. We have our names picked out, no reason to come up with more.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #15
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't mind getting suggestions, we've had DD's first name picked out for a while but cannot come up with a middle name we both like.

That said, it would drive me nuts if people got annoyed that we don't like a name they suggested.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #16
estrellajane
Registered Users
seller

My husband has the same 1st name as his dad (different middles, though), so I keep waiting for my MIL to say something about giving my son the same name (which I WONT DO).

We have a list of 5 or so names that we like, but we're waiting until birth to choose. My family has taken to calling the baby Q for question mark. I'm trying to ignore that because it really rubs me wrong.
estrellajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

aww.. I like baby Q
but maybe it's the tone that is no bueno.

since we went to TX, we're getting suggestion all over the place. DH's dad even called last night to respectfully request that we do not choose a name that he thought was on our list (it wasn't and we think he just heard wrong) because it was the name of a cousin that wasn't very nice. I told DH that cinched it and we're definitely naming a little boy that, but I was joking. It wasn't even on our list and it was sorta funny that FIL felt so passionately about it that he called to ask.

My family keeps sending me girl names even though we have our girl names, but whatever. And I had to reject tons of boy name suggestions while we were down there. Well, I had to watch DH reject them since he's the picky one.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #18
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tell people that DH and I are naming our child - no one else. There will be no neighbor, coworker, friend, or relative running around hi-fiving everyone in sight while screaming 'yea whos the man, I named their baby! So don't bother.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #19
SJDesigns
Registered Users

HEHE these stories are so precious! We named our Daughter really early on too. Everytime someone asks what the name is when MIL is around, she HAS to mention that she doesnt like it. Last time I finally said, "We know you don't like it. You've said that every time". She got the hint.
Im the kind who HATES sugestions as well... I like protecting the feelings of others. My only advice is not bring the topic up and if it is brought up make sure everyone truely understands it is a decision made by you and daddy.
SJDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote