Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #121
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack

While they are CHILDREN it is my duty to train them in accordance to the scripture as we are required to by God in Proverbs 22:6 . What they choose to do as adults is between them and God . I will always try to guide my children on to a righteous path to the Lord .
Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #122
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2yo DD Touching Lady Parts. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
I thought the Bible said nothing on masturbation, so I don't really see why you'd have to train your kids to not masturbate or that masturbation was a sin.
I'm sorry mama but your well thought out logic won't be appreciated in this thread.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #123
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I thought the Bible said nothing on masturbation, so I don't really see why you'd have to train your kids to not masturbate or that masturbation was a sin.
Not all beliefs are 100% based on direct quotes from scripture. I was brought up in a faith that taught it was a sin. Still am that faith, still hold those things to be true (though what other people chose to believe or do is none of my business) I have no shame, I have no intimacy problems, I'm not sure why other people think it's so shocking and harmful since that has been the completely opposite of my experience. Based on my conversations with other young adults and adults of the same faith, I'm not an anomaly either.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #124
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
I'm sorry mama but your well thought out logic won't be appreciated in this thread.
I was asking a serious question. I am actually very interested in other people's views when it comes to religioun. I also like discussion, hence why I participate in a discussion forum. Thanks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraElise View Post
Not all beliefs are 100% based on direct quotes from scripture. I was brought up in a faith that taught it was a sin. Still am that faith, still hold those things to be true (though what other people chose to believe or do is none of my business) I have no shame, I have no intimacy problems, I'm not sure why other people think it's so shocking and harmful since that has been the completely opposite of my experience. Based on my conversations with other young adults and adults of the same faith, I'm not an anomaly either.
I was just curious, not meaning to be rude or ask questions that are out of line or anything. I just find religioun interesting since there are more than one, and people in them think different things, so it always makes me curious when discussions like this arise.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #125
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I was asking a serious question. I am actually very interested in other people's views when it comes to religioun. I also like discussion, hence why I participate in a discussion forum. Thanks though.
It sounded like you were looking for a rational answer but good luck!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
Old 01-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #126
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Was just curious what some meant by what I had asked. I'm pretty satisfied with the answers I got.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #127
Amjohnstone32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme
Well this thread has taken a wide turn from what was presented in the OP- even after the backpeddling edit.

Was THIS really necessary?

Especially the last part :-/
Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #128
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

I was just curious, not meaning to be rude or ask questions that are out of line or anything. I just find religioun interesting since there are more than one, and people in them think different things, so it always makes me curious when discussions like this arise.
Sorry, I was mostly just responding do you with the first part of my post. The rest was directed at those who made comments insinuating that if you didn't believe in masturbation you would somehow have deeply rooted issues. Which isn't true for many many people I know IRL.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #129
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraElise View Post
Sorry, I was mostly just responding do you with the first part of my post. The rest was directed at those who made comments insinuating that if you didn't believe in masturbation you would somehow have deeply rooted issues. Which isn't true for many many people I know IRL.
Ah ok, yes I agree.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #130
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amjohnstone32 View Post
Was THIS really necessary?

Especially the last part :-/
I suppose not necessary but entirely truthful. I would not have participated in this thread if I had known what your "real" beliefs were and the path that would be taken.