Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Unhappy He bit me!

And OMG was it painful! DS got his first tooth about 10 days ago, and tonight he bit me. I have never felt pain like that before! I didn't even have a chance to break his latch, my reaction was to yank my breast out of his mouth and yelp. He was just looking at me, and I said "no biting!" and he just grinned at me!

I am SO scared to feed him now! It wasn't like he was done eating and just playing around, this happened a couple minutes into a feeding. My entire family was around me when this happened (cousin and her DH, sister and her bf, and my DH) and now everyone is saying it's time to wean, which I know it isn't but seriously, I don't know if I can handle being bitten again.

Single mom to 3 amazing kiddos - ages 15, 8 and 6
ISO MM Poppies (does this colourway even exist anymore?)
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: He bit me!

My DD bit me a few times. It does hurt but it doesn't happen very often. Maybe a nursing necklace will help.
twinsplus2more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
My Mood:

I feel your pain, seriously.
My dd did some biting around that time (she got her first teeth in when she was less than 4 months old) and quit for a couple of months, but she is now in biting mode, really bad .
I think when I asked about this at my LLL meeting, they said to break the latch, and break contact with the baby, and say "No biting" but not with too much to-do about it, so they don't think your reaction is funny.
Hope you get it worked out!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:50 PM   #4

My dd has her two bottom teeth and bit me last week! I seriously thought I'd look down and be nippeless that's how much it hurt! I sternley told her "No, no, no! You don't bite Mama! No, no, no!" Poor thing looked at me and burst out crying! I felt so bad and I know she didn't do it on purpose (she had just started her nursing session as well) but it hurt so bad! Later that night she did it again to my other side so I repeated the same verbal reprimand and again she burst out crying as if to say 'Sorry, mama!" and so far we haven't had another repeat! GL mama! Use Lanolin to help heal faster is he broke the skin. That's what worked for me!
Anabella'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:29 PM   #5
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
My Mood:

DS is 8 1/2 months old now and has had teeth for 3 months now... He has bitten me a few times... Ugh.. I just tell him no, and stop nursing then when he is ready to eat again I give him boobie he has pretty muched learned to not bite, but sometimes I get a nice little nibble
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote