Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
lindsey.leanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
2nd VBAC with twins?

I had a c section with my first set of twins and then a successful vbac with my next baby. I am now pregnant with twins and am wondering if I will be able to vbac this time. Anyone vbac with twins?

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Re: 2nd VBAC with twins?

I haven't. But...just before my vbac with dd2, I found out she was breech. There was an ob near me who did lots of vaginal breech deliveries, and when I called him up to talk about a breech vbac, he told me that the day before he had done a vbac for twins where both babies were breech! I don't see why you couldn't vbac twins. Most providers would want baby a to be head down though, but obviously there are providers out there who are comfortable delivering the other variations with twins also. Good luck.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
FarmingMama
Registered Users
seller

I have never had twins but I have heard several stories of ladies that did have them vbac. I would also think that since you have already had a successful vbac that you would be a great candidate for one. Probably the most important thing is finding a supportive dr. Have you checked with your local Ican group for a good dr?
FarmingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

There is a story online, might even be in ican, that is inspiring. She either had 3 or 4 c-sec. then went on to have twins, at home.

Maybe someone will no the link. I think it is you tube.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was going to VBAC my twins but they did not cooperate =/ but my docs/midwives were supportive. My deliveries went like this vag/unnessiary cs/cs with twins because I had a butt in my pelvis/vba2c
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
lindsey.leanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My current dr won't even consider letting me vbac. So frustrating!!! Now I have to try to find a local dr who will support my hope for a second vbac.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey.leanne View Post
My current dr won't even consider letting me vbac. So frustrating!!! Now I have to try to find a local dr who will support my hope for a second vbac.
VBAC is now endorsed by the American Academy of Obstetrics or whatever the technical name is, so this always surprises me!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
holl_ie
Registered Users
seller

Check out this blog
itstwinsanity.com

From her blog " My first birth was in a hospital, second birth was a planned homebirth that ended in a cesarean (no labor) after my midwife dropped me, third birth was my HBAC (homebirth after cesarean) with twin girls, and fourth birth was another planned homebirth that ended in another cesarean (no labor) for TTTS with twin boys."
Also, She just had her 7th at home.
By my count she has had 2 sections and 2 vbacs.
holl_ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
juniperhill
Registered Users

No VBAC here, but I think with most practitioners the position of the twins is a consideration for birth options. I had an OB. He would have let me do a vaginal birth if the presenting twin was head down, but he stayed transverse- blocking the way out- despite acupuncture and inversions- and I had my first csection. I dont think even midwives will attempt a vaginal twin birth if the presenting twin is transverse- does anyone know? I guess you don't know how they are settling in there until pretty late in pregnancy though and even late in pregnancy they can turn. I hope you can find a practitioner who will support you. I asked around town for a recommendation for the OB with the most openness towards natural births to find my OB. I had midwives with my first two but wanted an OB for twins.
juniperhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperhill View Post
No VBAC here, but I think with most practitioners the position of the twins is a consideration for birth options. I had an OB. He would have let me do a vaginal birth if the presenting twin was head down, but he stayed transverse- blocking the way out- despite acupuncture and inversions- and I had my first csection. I dont think even midwives will attempt a vaginal twin birth if the presenting twin is transverse- does anyone know? I guess you don't know how they are settling in there until pretty late in pregnancy though and even late in pregnancy they can turn. I hope you can find a practitioner who will support you. I asked around town for a recommendation for the OB with the most openness towards natural births to find my OB. I had midwives with my first two but wanted an OB for twins.
DD2 was transverse until 5 days below I delivered. I don't think most docs will attempt a transverse baby vaginal at all. If DD hadn't turned I would have had a c-section.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote