Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nesting?

I'm nesting like crazy. I've been buying a lot and giving away a lot of stuff. selling things on craigslist, buying new baby clothes, giving away old baby clothes and other clothes, and buying crib bedding, a pack and play & going over and over baby-related organizational things in my head every day. it sort of comes in waves for me

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #12
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I wonder if knowing the gender makes you best more?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #13
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Grr... Stupid phone

If knowing the gender makes you nest more?

Like I just pulled out the gender neutral clothes, but if this baby is a girl, I'll have to do a ton of laundry afterwards. Or shop if it's a boy.

Anyone team green and very nesty?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #14
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

After reading two posts here and on CSO about people pulling out seats stored indoors and finding mold on them, I pulled out DSs bucket seat to check it out today. It's been stored inside too (bedroom) and was in perfect condition.

I adjusted the straps to newborn size and it looks so cute! 11 weeks early for that I guess lol
Old 02-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #15
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I did a ton of nesting this summer when we were TTC. A ton. So now I have limited things to do lol.

Clothes are all totally sorted, baby clothes are in the dresser NB and 0-3. Have all the big furniture, carseat. Just need a stroller (sit n stand I think). We've looked at a ton!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #16
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well last weekend I purged and organized our basement, got rid of a ton! We live in the country and my parents had come out so we filled their van up of stuff to take to Goodwill! I also did 2 of our hallway closets and put the baby's clothes in her dresser! So yes I guess maybe I am! This weekend my Mom's coming back to help me finish the basement! I can't wait!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #17
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

This thread is making me wish I was at home! I could get so much accomplished! Instead I keep rethinking my diaper stash and buying clothes we dont necessarily need... Maybe my mom will let me clean her basement.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #18
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
This thread is making me wish I was at home! I could get so much accomplished! Instead I keep rethinking my diaper stash and buying clothes we dont necessarily need... Maybe my mom will let me clean her basement.
You can come nest at my house. I could use a hand!

The biggest problem is DHs inability to let anything go, and trying to get anything done with a 3.5 and 2 year old following me around and 'helping'. Otherwise I would have nested the c**p out of our house already!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #19
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have so many things that I want to do. I'm hoping this thread helps me get motivated this weekend.

I have been washing all of my CDs and other baby clothes/blankets as they arrive, so that's good.

We're probably going to pick up the dresser for the nursery this weekend, and DH is working on the walls and closet doors for that room.

I want to make one last GMD order before the baby comes, but I'm waiting until our next paycheck mid-month, most likely. After that, I'll be set to CD.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #20
sbadger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a whole foyer full after today! All set to leave! Repainted my Kitchen and am working on the bathroom reno! Laundry is on list of purging and well as kitchen stuff! Seriously have to get to a place of not having surface clutter before baby comes. With 4 kids and extra activities I'm not going to have time to pick up crap any more!