Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: I can't take being sick anymore!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattyonthehunt4CDs View Post
Why can't they give you zofran? I on it & I'm still sick but at least don't throw up now.
They did give me zofran but it did nothing. It made it worst because then I was constipated as well. The Red Raspberry Leaf Tea is working amazingly. We will see as the day goes on.

Advertisement

missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
littlehands
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I can't take being sick anymore!!!!

Taking B6 orally is not near as effective as taking it internally. If they'll do a B6 IV, try it. However, B6 is cumulative. That means that getting one dose isn't the most effective. You're best to regularly receive B6 internally for maximum effectiveness. My midwifes offer injections, which I get every 3 days, and it's really helping. I don't know if an OB would be willing to be that hands on. :P

What is your frequency? What are you able to keep down? Are you throwing up once a day? 3? 5? 10? 20?? That's really going to make a difference in how you're treating it.

My first 4 pregnancies I experienced vomiting at around 10 times a day. Almost everything I put in came back up. However, I was able to stay off IVs and out of the hospital by realizing that even keeping things down for 15 minutes helped with hydration and nutrition. Also, no matter how horrible it got, I still kept eating and drinking. I knew it would probably come back up, but if you've ever vomited on an empty stomach, it is INFINITELY worse to vomit bile than food. Not to mention the fact that your body has no resources to draw from. I KNOW it's hard, but eating and vomiting is better than not eating and drinking at all.

I've had 3 much better pregnancies since then. In the worst of those pregnancies, I was throwing up an average of 2-3 times per day. I could keep down about half of what I ate. There have been several things that I feel have made a difference between those first horrible pregnancies and my better ones. First, I think my health and diet before pregnancy makes a difference. When I started out with a body that was well fed and, most importantly, very hydrated, things went better. Then, staying hydrated through that 16 week mark is critical. It's really hard to drink water when you're nauseous. Super hard. I know. I find it easier when I drink my water nice and cold, and put a bit of lemon in it. I also tend to alternate between water and juice or even an occasional soda. It isn't ideal, for sure, but any fluid is better than nothing. Stay hydrated. Dehydration is the slippery slope that can turn moderate to severe morning sickness into medically diagnosed hyperemesis.

It sucks. I'm so sorry! Keep trying any and all resources/tools you have and keep working with whatever is best that each day offers. Hang in there. I know that weeks that seem to fly by when you're feeling good are an eternity during this stage.