Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
nutkase
Registered Users
seller

Math U See Primer question

So, we are doing a few things for pre-k this year as I've been able to pick them up cheaply and DD has begged for them lol. I got the MUS Primer DVD, teacher manual, and manipulatives, but don't have the student book so I've put off introducing it. DD is ready and begging - and actually already knows much of it. Do I really need the student book or would the printables on the website be enough? I haven't actually seen the book to know what's in it...

I've been keeping my eye on Ebay and Craigslist, but nothing has come up and it's killing me to buy it full price since I know she's gonna breeze right through it. I'm actually in the same boat with the HWOT preschool workbook

Any thoughts?

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Math U See Primer question

My son didn't even do primer and he is now in Epsilon.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Britches~in~Stitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Math U See Primer question

Honestly, I'd say the workbook was the only thing we used. The DVD, teachers manual, and manipulatives turned out to be a waste of money for us.

The primer is really just an intro to everything, skimming the surface of each topic. Depending on what curriculum you're planning to use, it'd be easy to reproduce/make do. I think that primer is really just getting the student familiar with the program more than anything else. Like teaching kinders to stand in line in ps .