View Poll Results: Are YOU a catfish/troll?
Yes, the majority of what I say and claim on Diaperswappers is made up or totally embellished. 7 2.92%
Not on this website, but I have posed as someone I am not on other websites. 1 0.42%
I embellish here and there to make things interesting, but I'm mostly who I say I am. 12 5.00%
No, I'm exactly who I claim to be 100% of the time. 218 90.83%
Other. Bonus points for an explanation! 6 2.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #81
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: s/o: Are YOU at catfish/troll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
Like I stated before, I'm actually a praying mantis. I'm coming clean.
Quote:
So you can see that I'm posting from the tree outside your house?!
I seriously needed the laugh from this thread after the most terrible week ever. I actually snorted a little. Thanks Tina LOL

Advertisement

FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #82
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:

lolol Tina
PBAki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #83
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwakip View Post
Even though I voted that I'm a catfish, I am not.

I have been "victim" to one though.

I was on a natural parenting board when I was pregnant with DD. I met a girl who was also pregnant, due a few weeks after I was due with DD. There was a group of 4 of us that would chat long into the night, when we should have been sleeping. There wasn't anything crazy about this girl but her story wasn't adding up. She had wanted a baby so bad but her boyfriend didn't. He was Army and they lived together off base, but when we looked for bases nearby, it would be about 300 miles to the nearest base.
The other two women in our group were suspicious that this other girl and I were actually the same person (lol).

Well, I live in mid-western Illinois and this girl was supposed to visit her parents in Chicago. This was before cell phones were prevalent so she gave me her parents' phone number. She was planning on visiting me. She called me frantic one night that she had to go to the hospital and it was bad. We were gone, so she left me a message on the answering machine. I called her parents when I got home and talked to her dad. I said, "How's Erin? Is she okay? Is the baby okay?" He had no clue. She used her real name but he was surprised when I mentioned the baby. She had sent me pictures and there was no way she could have hid her pregnancy from her parents based upon her baby bump.

Anyway, she came out that she was fake and was so sorry, she just wanted a baby so bad and she felt like she was a part of my pregnancy since we shared so much. I was freaked out and was very cautious when DD was born and we came home. I felt like I was checking to make sure the windows and doors were locked every few minutes.

I am still very close friends with one of the women who thought I was a fraud. We have a laugh over the incident occasionally.
Yikes! That would freak me out!

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #84
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Do you have any idea how hard it is to explain my cackling to DH?! He was all O.o as I squeaked out something about praying mantis and unicorns. I love you ladies!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #85
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
So you can see that I'm posting from the tree outside your house?!

Don't come down.

You were lucky to have made it past the chickens the first time.

I can't tell from your picture if you have wings yet or not. You did admit to being female.I know the females of your species don't fly all that often (or well)

If you will tell me which tree you are in, I'll send one of the kids out to help you. They have this really cool little bug house they have been wanting to try out.

On second thought, you may want to think really hard about changing your story. Be a male.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #86
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~

Don't come down.

You were lucky to have made it past the chickens the first time.

I can't tell from your picture if you have wings yet or not. You did admit to being female.I know the females of your species don't fly all that often (or well)

If you will tell me which tree you are in, I'll send one of the kids out to help you. They have this really cool little bug house they have been wanting to try out.

On second thought, you may want to think really hard about changing your story. Be a male.
Is the bug house big enough for my iPhone and day drinking glass?
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #87
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

No, I'm exactly who I claim to be 100% of the time.

Too many DS friends on FB
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #88
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Is the bug house big enough for my iPhone and day drinking glass?
You would want to hang on to the day drinking glass.
You will probably need it to survive life with my 4 year old. I will keep it filled for you.

I think the iPhone may fit too? I've really been wanting an iPhone. I'll tell you that it will fit if that will help with the capture. No wait, not capture... Transition to your new home
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #89
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~

You would want to hang on to the day drinking glass.
You will probably need it to survive life with my 4 year old. I will keep it filled for you.

I think the iPhone may fit too? I've really been wanting an iPhone. I'll tell you that it will fit if that will help with the capture. No wait, not capture... Transition to your new home
Bahahahha!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #90
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm very honest on here. What you see is what you get. I don't even embellish at all. I wonder who the catfish are. Although 2 claimed they put they were but they are not.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote