Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #21
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?

Start out with a few. List 5 or 10 and once they sell see how you feel. You'll probably be glad they're gone and want to purge more! Start with the ones you NEVER use

Advertisement

HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #22
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

The way I keep to a minimalist stash is that we only typically have ONE type of diaper (my Dh's request) and we have a designated small space for them. I don't like having more than 18-24 diapers MAX for one child and 36 for two, more than that is just clutter to me. Diapers can be fun to buy but I just get way overwhelmed if we have more than we need. I can see having maybe two types and enough for 3 days as being reasonable but I have always felt more than that is excessive.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #23
LionMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have to wash every 1-1.5 days or else I cannot get the smell out so that has helped me minimize my stash. Also I don't like having more than 2 types of diapers. It just feels overwhelming to me. So we have:

7 swaddlebees AIO
13 yellow edge GMD prefolds
12 GMD doublers
6 flip organic inserts
3 diaper safari covers

This is the perfect stash for diapering my 18 month old, and I can switch between AIO or Prefolds/covers of I need to. We've had pockets and BGEs and flip covers as well but I sold them all because they weren't being used anymore.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #24
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
The way I keep to a minimalist stash is that we only typically have ONE type of diaper (my Dh's request) and we have a designated small space for them. I don't like having more than 18-24 diapers MAX for one child and 36 for two, more than that is just clutter to me. Diapers can be fun to buy but I just get way overwhelmed if we have more than we need. I can see having maybe two types and enough for 3 days as being reasonable but I have always felt more than that is excessive.
I am at that point- I am overwhelmed by how many diapers we have. I also like the idea of one system but then I change my mind and it drives me nuts!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #25
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama View Post

I am at that point- I am overwhelmed by how many diapers we have. I also like the idea of one system but then I change my mind and it drives me nuts!
This is why I have mini-stashes.
6 prefolds
6 fitteds
3 wool soakers
3 longies
12 pockets
12 AI2

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #26
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
This is why I have mini-stashes.
6 prefolds
6 fitteds
3 wool soakers
3 longies
12 pockets
12 AI2

See, you are smart. I think I have to have whole stashes of each system!!

I think I need to destash a bit and then stop buying. Except for Poppy Fields fitteds
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #27
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

See, you are smart. I think I have to have whole stashes of each system!!

I think I need to destash a bit and then stop buying. Except for Poppy Fields fitteds
I've just been BST a bit longer than you. It gets OLD after a while. I'm revamping a bit then buying only SoftBums Calender Bums if I like them (and a few PoppyFields too them).

Old 02-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #28
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
I've just been BST a bit longer than you. It gets OLD after a while. I'm revamping a bit then buying only SoftBums Calender Bums if I like them (and a few PoppyFields too them).

I'm over BST now too. I think I'll try to sell and be happy with what I have. SoftBums sound amazing but I'm afraid to try them and get addicted. The Poppy Fields are my favorite diaper ever.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #29
vibrantnotions
Registered Users

I'm diapering my first baby and quickly realized that cloth diapers are so cute and awesome I could easily go overboard. So I made the decision to be careful to keep the diaper stash small and simple.

We are currently using (I think) 3 dozen flats, 3 newborn covers, and 5 thirstie size one duo wraps. He is starting to grow out of the newborn covers, so the thirsties are coming into more regular rotation.

As he gets bigger I also have a one size cover, three pockets and two fitteds to try. I'm hoping I will like the pockets and fitteds for babysitters.

The only things I plan on adding are some fitteds, soakers, and the next size up of thirsties.
vibrantnotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #30
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

I'm over BST now too. I think I'll try to sell and be happy with what I have. SoftBums sound amazing but I'm afraid to try them and get addicted. The Poppy Fields are my favorite diaper ever.
The SoftBums are addicting. Love them. I have my faves. Gonna stick to them now, quit branching out. I just have to stay away from BGs. I love them. The look, structure everything. Except they hate the baby, that PUL strip. I get sucked in almost every seconds sale. Been good the last 2.