Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #21
HeatherM0529's Avatar
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,858
Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?

Start out with a few. List 5 or 10 and once they sell see how you feel. You'll probably be glad they're gone and want to purge more! Start with the ones you NEVER use

Advertisement

__________________
Heather + Jon= Avery (05/09/2007) , Intact Emerson (12/28/2011) and Intact Liam (1/12/2014)
Please check out my Blog for Reviews and Giveaways http://www.mommysfavoritethings.com/
Check out Swagbucks
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #22
FernHollow
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,397
My Mood:
Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?

The way I keep to a minimalist stash is that we only typically have ONE type of diaper (my Dh's request) and we have a designated small space for them. I don't like having more than 18-24 diapers MAX for one child and 36 for two, more than that is just clutter to me. Diapers can be fun to buy but I just get way overwhelmed if we have more than we need. I can see having maybe two types and enough for 3 days as being reasonable but I have always felt more than that is excessive.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #23
LionMama's Avatar
LionMama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 263
My Mood:
I have to wash every 1-1.5 days or else I cannot get the smell out so that has helped me minimize my stash. Also I don't like having more than 2 types of diapers. It just feels overwhelming to me. So we have:

7 swaddlebees AIO
13 yellow edge GMD prefolds
12 GMD doublers
6 flip organic inserts
3 diaper safari covers

This is the perfect stash for diapering my 18 month old, and I can switch between AIO or Prefolds/covers of I need to. We've had pockets and BGEs and flip covers as well but I sold them all because they weren't being used anymore.
__________________
J- adoptive mama to DS (7/11), wife to my high school sweetheart and best friend A(4/02)
LionMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #24
greencrunchymama's Avatar
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,751
Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
The way I keep to a minimalist stash is that we only typically have ONE type of diaper (my Dh's request) and we have a designated small space for them. I don't like having more than 18-24 diapers MAX for one child and 36 for two, more than that is just clutter to me. Diapers can be fun to buy but I just get way overwhelmed if we have more than we need. I can see having maybe two types and enough for 3 days as being reasonable but I have always felt more than that is excessive.
I am at that point- I am overwhelmed by how many diapers we have. I also like the idea of one system but then I change my mind and it drives me nuts!
__________________
Jen, married to DH mama to DD 01.22.12
greencrunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #25
P!nkPepper's Avatar
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,590
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama View Post

I am at that point- I am overwhelmed by how many diapers we have. I also like the idea of one system but then I change my mind and it drives me nuts!
This is why I have mini-stashes.
6 prefolds
6 fitteds
3 wool soakers
3 longies
12 pockets
12 AI2

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #26
greencrunchymama's Avatar
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,751
Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
This is why I have mini-stashes.
6 prefolds
6 fitteds
3 wool soakers
3 longies
12 pockets
12 AI2

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
See, you are smart. I think I have to have whole stashes of each system!!

I think I need to destash a bit and then stop buying. Except for Poppy Fields fitteds
__________________
Jen, married to DH mama to DD 01.22.12
greencrunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #27
P!nkPepper's Avatar
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,590
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama View Post

See, you are smart. I think I have to have whole stashes of each system!!

I think I need to destash a bit and then stop buying. Except for Poppy Fields fitteds
I've just been BST a bit longer than you. It gets OLD after a while. I'm revamping a bit then buying only SoftBums Calender Bums if I like them (and a few PoppyFields too them).

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #28
greencrunchymama's Avatar
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,751
Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
I've just been BST a bit longer than you. It gets OLD after a while. I'm revamping a bit then buying only SoftBums Calender Bums if I like them (and a few PoppyFields too them).

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
I'm over BST now too. I think I'll try to sell and be happy with what I have. SoftBums sound amazing but I'm afraid to try them and get addicted. The Poppy Fields are my favorite diaper ever.
__________________
Jen, married to DH mama to DD 01.22.12
greencrunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #29
vibrantnotions
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 21
Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?

I'm diapering my first baby and quickly realized that cloth diapers are so cute and awesome I could easily go overboard. So I made the decision to be careful to keep the diaper stash small and simple.

We are currently using (I think) 3 dozen flats, 3 newborn covers, and 5 thirstie size one duo wraps. He is starting to grow out of the newborn covers, so the thirsties are coming into more regular rotation.

As he gets bigger I also have a one size cover, three pockets and two fitteds to try. I'm hoping I will like the pockets and fitteds for babysitters.

The only things I plan on adding are some fitteds, soakers, and the next size up of thirsties.
vibrantnotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #30
P!nkPepper's Avatar
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,590
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama View Post

I'm over BST now too. I think I'll try to sell and be happy with what I have. SoftBums sound amazing but I'm afraid to try them and get addicted. The Poppy Fields are my favorite diaper ever.
The SoftBums are addicting. Love them. I have my faves. Gonna stick to them now, quit branching out. I just have to stay away from BGs. I love them. The look, structure everything. Except they hate the baby, that PUL strip. I get sucked in almost every seconds sale. Been good the last 2.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.