Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
CM6755
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Radian RXT in the 3rd row of a 2009 T&C

Does anyone have a Radian RXT installed in the 3rd row of a 2009 Chrysler Town and Country (or similar)? If so, could you please send me some photos of it installed? My email address is: christyirenemiller@live.com I would appreciate it greatly. I am seriously considering buying one (or two). I have a 9 week old 15 lb and 25" tall/long, still in bucket behind drivers seat (I have Britax Boulevard CS to move him to at some point...or sell if we buy a Radian RXT) and a 4 year old 35 lb 40" tall who is also in a Britax Boulevard CS in the 3rd row (front facing). I don't want to miss my opportunity to sell one or both Britax seats (before expiration) for when we need boosters, so I am trying to figure this out now. Feel free to talk to me about other boosters that are safe if I should consider them. Keep in mind, we will not buy a new car.

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
CM6755
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Bump... Anyone?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
Kmomto2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Radian RXT in the 3rd row of a 2009 T&C

Are you wanting pics of it installed forward facing or rear facing? I am sorry I didn't really catch what you were looking for. I have a radian and a 2009 VW routan (same thing as a town and country in the back row).
Old 02-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Radian RXT in the 3rd row of a 2009 T&C

Radians make crappy boosters. They have a 50 pound minimum, and are usually outgrown as a booster the same time they are outgrown as a harness, and for many kids this is long before they hit 50 pounds. They are kinda wide, and the belt rides up on some kids tummies.

Unless you want to re-rearface your 4 year old, I wouldn't buy a Radian. I hate mine. They are a PITA to install, super heavy (weigh a ton more than Britax) and I hate that you have to have the RF boot on to use it RF.

I would never buy one unless I specifically needed it. We had to get them for DH's car to get 3 across, and curse them every time we are moving them.

For your 4 year old, I'd get a Frontier or a ProSport any day of the week over a Radian.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote