Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Pregnant after iud removed?

I got a paragard IUD 40 days ago. The insertion was painful and My doctor had a hard time getting my cervix to stop bleeding. She called me 3 times in 24 hours to check on me. Anyhow, shooting pain, constant cramps and backpain, migraines, headaches, spotting of various colors and grossness. So finally after a day of moderate bleeding (which I thought was the start of my period), my IUD strings seemed a bit longer. I went in yesterday to make sure my IUD was still in place. My doctor quickly looked and said yes but was telling me I should just get it taken out. So, I did. I was done being in pain constantly. She told me to expect a heavy period, which I was hoping would happen to clear out the 40 days of copper and lining. The weird part is that I didn't spot or bleed after removal. It's been 36 hours and my CM is totally normal for the first time since early December.

I really didnt question pregnancy until I had a nosebleed this morning. I have only gotten them pregnant. I took a FRER ( not holding, mid day) and I think I saw a faint line. I guess my concerns are, if I am pregnant (obviously), and if since I had an IUD for a month, if it is an eptopic pregnancy. I would really appreciate some insight or even input on my test TIA![IMG][/IMG]

Advertisement

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
ajoymess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pregnant after iud removed?

Do you know where you are in your cycle? If I glance at the screen I see a faint line, but it most likely is an evap. Pink dye tests are supposedly more accurate. I've never had an IUD, so I can't help you there.
ajoymess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajoymess
Do you know where you are in your cycle? If I glance at the screen I see a faint line, but it most likely is an evap. Pink dye tests are supposedly more accurate. I've never had an IUD, so I can't help you there.
I have no idea where I am in my cycle. It's been 41days since I got the IUD and I had a day of moderate bleeding 10 days ago. I took a few pink dye and they all had faint lines (I did another thread in family planning)

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:31 AM   #4
Babygiggles04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I also see a faint line.. I would het a pink test to make sure!