Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #21
Docs Wife
Registered Users
Formerly: swags
seller

My Mood:
Have you tried contacting your FRG leader you the unit POC. A lot of times units have people set up to help with these types of things.

Advertisement

Docs Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #22
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to shovel driveway with a tiny baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabullfrog View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this...

My husband left for the military and I have a new baby. This is a silly question, but... how do I shovel the driveway on cold days? It'll be too cold to have him outside with me. Is he safe inside? I'm in an area without neighbors to watch him, and I obviously can't drop him off with family or a sitter until the driveway is shovelled, so it seems like a catch-22!
Call someone over. Many one would be happy to help you out and I bet they would even turn the kettle on for when you are done
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #23
Docs Wife
Registered Users
Formerly: swags
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely View Post

Call someone over. Many one would be happy to help you out and I bet they would even turn the kettle on for when you are done
I am not the OP but I am a former military spouse. My guess is the OP is either at a new base and doesn't have a support system built up yet or as a lot of other military spouses she had learned to be very independent and isn't used to asking for help.
Docs Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #24
mommabullfrog
Registered Users

Re: How to shovel driveway with a tiny baby?

Thank you, everyone. Good suggestions My husband is in training, so I am still living in his hometown... no military presence here or FRG yet. I'm not involved in a church (out of choice) but I have found ways to get it done! I mostly followed the advice of shoveling while napping. I have an Ergo and carry him in it, but in 10 degree temps in Michigan, I just didn't feel comfortable bringing a 3 month old outside for the hour that my huge driveway takes. So I just do it during his long nap and bring the monitor with me. Problem solved!!!
mommabullfrog is offline   Reply With Quote