Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #1351
EmilyA874's Avatar
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NW Maine
Posts: 1,710
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by august6 View Post
My ex in high school was 18 when he had to have surgery because he WASN'T circumcised. He didn't have infections, but he did have health problems because if it .

Also, every guy in my high school that wasn't circumcised was made fun of till no end and given nicknames like "slug". It was horrible for them. And that wasn't 30+ years ago, that was just 4. Oh, and they've carried those nicknames with them ever since.

I heard my son get circumcised and he was fine. There was no crying (not because of shock, but because he slept through it).

I can count on one hand the people I know that aren't circumcised and they are practically shunned for it. Circumcision is extremely common here, like 80% - 90%

And for what it's worth, sex with my husband is 100 times better than sex with someone uncircumcised. It's like a gross shell. No thanks!

Just my opinion, to each their own.
Have you ever had sex with an intact man? I mean seriously, "It's like a gross shell"? My husband, and son for that matter, are perfect as they were made and I find it rather offensive that you would come into a thread about leaving the male penis as nature intended and say that "it's like a gross shell".

Also, your baby almost certainly did not sleep through the experience of someone cutting off such a sensitive part of his body. Often when babies go into shock they do not cry but go into a state that looks like sleep.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...likely-believe

You may be entitled to your opinion, but there are better ways to share your opinion than the way you have here. Not cool at all.

Advertisement

__________________
A, wife to S Mama to DD W born at home in the water on 3/23/11!
And my heart warrior DS N born 1/11/13!
<3 Did you know 1 in 100 babies are born with a heart defect? 1 of them is mine <3
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #1352
mommajewels's Avatar
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,371
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by august6 View Post
My ex in high school was 18 when he had to have surgery because he WASN'T circumcised. He didn't have infections, but he did have health problems because if it .

Also, every guy in my high school that wasn't circumcised was made fun of till no end and given nicknames like "slug". It was horrible for them. And that wasn't 30+ years ago, that was just 4. Oh, and they've carried those nicknames with them ever since.

I heard my son get circumcised and he was fine. There was no crying (not because of shock, but because he slept through it).

I can count on one hand the people I know that aren't circumcised and they are practically shunned for it. Circumcision is extremely common here, like 80% - 90%

And for what it's worth, sex with my husband is 100 times better than sex with someone uncircumcised. It's like a gross shell. No thanks!

Just my opinion, to each their own.
You're obviously pro circumcision.. which is okay, like you said.. to each their own. However, forgive me for stating the obvious when I say you're clearly going to extremes in sharing your opinion by not only exaggerating information but also falsifying information.

I had small breasts in school and caught a lot of flack about that. However, breast implants obviously weren't an option for a 17 year old girl from a middle class family. I dealt with it and I can honestly say today it didn't have any negative impact on the kind of person I turned out to be.

The foreskin is an organ. When an organ is removed, it hurts. Babies react to pain just as adults do. Even when given a local anesthesia, no one sleeps through the removal of an organ.
__________________
I'm Julie. I'm a lucky wife to Micheal and a SUPER blessed mama of 5! Jordyn (12.21.04) Preston (4.10.06) Kyson (6.24.07) Gavin (12.18.08) and Londyn. (4.19.10)
Expecting Emersyn Jewel in March 2013!
mommajewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #1353
august6's Avatar
august6
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Granite Falls, NC
Posts: 63
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

First, let me apologize. In no way did I mean that your child or husband is gross. I meant that the guy I slept with, who was uncirc'd, penis was gross and seemed like a shell. Your child is perfect in everyway, I'm sure.

But let me also say that you were not there when my son was circ'd. He was asleep before, during, and after. My husband was there. There was no pain for him. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise, but I heard and my husband witnessed it. That's what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyA874 View Post
Have you ever had sex with an intact man? I mean seriously, "It's like a gross shell"? My husband, and son for that matter, are perfect as they were made and I find it rather offensive that you would come into a thread about leaving the male penis as nature intended and say that "it's like a gross shell".

Also, your baby almost certainly did not sleep through the experience of someone cutting off such a sensitive part of his body. Often when babies go into shock they do not cry but go into a state that looks like sleep.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...likely-believe

You may be entitled to your opinion, but there are better ways to share your opinion than the way you have here. Not cool at all.
august6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #1354
august6's Avatar
august6
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Granite Falls, NC
Posts: 63
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

First, I am not PRO and I am not against. I am for whatever I deem appropriate for my child. We had our reasons and I, in no way, regret them.

Also, in no way, shape, or form was my information false or exaggerated. And I find it humorous that you feel like you are able to say that it was considering you weren't there. Everything I stated was 100%. Please tell me where I exaggerated?

The torment guys got? Okay, well how's about having shirts made that have slug written on them, names all over the locker rooms about guys and their uncirc'd penis, and having girls literally turn you down for having one so they weren't made fun of and called gross too.

I'm sorry you took my post so seriously, both those were my experiences and I just thought someone might find them interesting from a non "pro/against" side. You all can talk about how a circ'd penis looks gross, doesn't feel good to women and much else, but I can't disagree? Kind of a double standard don't you think. My comment was purely opinnion and not meant to be disrespectful or "false" in any way. Thanks though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajewels View Post
You're obviously pro circumcision.. which is okay, like you said.. to each their own. However, forgive me for stating the obvious when I say you're clearly going to extremes in sharing your opinion by not only exaggerating information but also falsifying information.

I had small breasts in school and caught a lot of flack about that. However, breast implants obviously weren't an option for a 17 year old girl from a middle class family. I dealt with it and I can honestly say today it didn't have any negative impact on the kind of person I turned out to be.

The foreskin is an organ. When an organ is removed, it hurts. Babies react to pain just as adults do. Even when given a local anesthesia, no one sleeps through the removal of an organ.
august6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #1355
august6's Avatar
august6
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Granite Falls, NC
Posts: 63
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

I changed my statement to reflect sex with my ex, so no one else took it like you did, Emily.

Last edited by august6; 02-02-2013 at 04:39 PM.
august6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #1356
FindingMercy's Avatar
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 2,479
My Mood:
If that kind of bullying was happening in a school and officials did not step in to make a stop to it then the problem is not with a child who was spared from infant cosmetic surgery, but with a school and society that is not accepting of differences and not willing to protect innocent children ( both from bullying and circ).
__________________
Married to Scott and Mama to Evelyn (5) Annabelle (3) and Abraham (1)

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #1357
zandj's Avatar
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,816
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

it's so sad the state of things in the US. Any other country in the world and we wouldn't even be having this conversation and guys aren't 'shamed' for being natural and normal nor do they have so many 'health issues'. I wonder why American foreskins are so much grosser than the rest of the world's?
__________________
Mama to P 12.07 and baby Q born at home 9.30.12 <3
zandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #1358
zandj's Avatar
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,816
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
If that kind of bullying was happening in a school and officials did not step in to make a stop to it then the problem is not with a child who was spared from infant cosmetic surgery, but with a school and society that is not accepting of differences and not willing to protect innocent children ( both from bullying and circ).
I know, heck, if they were going to that extreme I as a parent might even bring up sexual harassment charges??
__________________
Mama to P 12.07 and baby Q born at home 9.30.12 <3
zandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #1359
august6's Avatar
august6
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Granite Falls, NC
Posts: 63
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

I agree 100%. It was completely wrong. I was called gross for dating one of them, but I was friends with more guys than girls, so they backed off of me. That didn't stop them from still bugging the guys though.

The guys that were being harassed took it, but we were in a very small community. It's not like they could change schools. And they amount of people they would have had to suspend or discipline would have been practically the entire male student body. Don't get me wrong, they still talked to the guys, but they never lost an opportunity to make fun of them either.

Last edited by august6; 02-02-2013 at 04:59 PM.
august6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #1360
mommajewels's Avatar
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,371
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

I'm not going to argue. This thread has come too far to be closed over petty arguments. I'm just going to hold onto faith that the majority of people who turn to this thread for information realize a circumcision, the removal of an organ done under local or no anesthesia, is not a peaceful procedure that infants sleep through.

And I agree, PP.... had I been a parent of a highschool boy being put through that much torment over his genitalia, I would certaintly go above and beyond to put a stop to it; even if that meant turning to the law. That is no doubt sexual harassment.
__________________
I'm Julie. I'm a lucky wife to Micheal and a SUPER blessed mama of 5! Jordyn (12.21.04) Preston (4.10.06) Kyson (6.24.07) Gavin (12.18.08) and Londyn. (4.19.10)
Expecting Emersyn Jewel in March 2013!
mommajewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.