Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Please help a newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2bdeutmeyer View Post
Being that this is baby #4....no shower Sniff, sniff. I so wish.

I'm so disappointed. I waited until today to go take advantage of the 2nds sale at Cotton Babies and missed out on the white ones. We don't know what we're having and all that's left of the $7.50 diapers is pink and blue. Sigh.
Go with blue if you are concerned. You can always girly up blue. Not much you can do to make pink more boyish on a baby.

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #12
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Prefolds and covers are pretty easy. My husband managed them with very little difficulty. We used snappis instead of pins during the nb stage.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #13
mama2sweetpeas
Registered Users

My Mood:

Join a facebook co-op. There are tons. I'm going to get back into cd'ing with my almost 1 year old. I'm going to get 30 alva diapers with inserts, 2 wetbags, and 1 pail liner for under 150$. That doesn't included shipping/duty/fees/etc. But still. I'm getting THX all-in-ones (aios) for the new baby. Very inexpensive. They fit about 4-12 lbs.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been reading these reviews of newborn diaps lately here are 2 for the AIO and pocket style

http://www.zephyrhillblog.com/2013/0...n-aio-diapers/
http://www.zephyrhillblog.com/2013/0...ocket-diapers/

She also gives an idea on price as well as fit.

Or something like this.
http://www.nickisdiapers.com/imagine...ll-in-one.html

If you are really short of cash and require something easy, it may be most cost effective to use disposables during the first few weeks. Newborn stage is sometimes the least cost effective stage to cloth diaper. Getting something like the Thristies duo line can help prevent that, they fit my 8.5lbs newborn and for a few months after. All the other newborn diapers we were done with in about a month.
http://www.thirstiesbaby.com/product...uo-all-in-one/

Otherwise you may want to do newborn sposies and start at the small size.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-02-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #15
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another option would be to look into a diaper service. Not sure if you've one nearby but it is quite economical. It was roughly less than $80/mo plus the diaper pale and deo disk. The price goes down as the number of dipes decreases as well. My parents gifted us a few months when DS was born and we loved it. We knew we wanted to do cloth but weren't sure if it would be manageable given we were first time parents then and it worked out well. Once we got a good grip in what we're doing, we cancelled the service and started doing our own venturing into aios, pockets, etc. Fresh diapers delivered every week. Out with the dirties and in fresh cleaned dipes ready to be used. You can also rent covers but we opted to buy our own. This time around, we opted to invest in nb dipes.
organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote