Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #31
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you for sharing your story and very sorry for your losses.

What form of bc have you since decided on now or have you not decided?

Advertisement

Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #32
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun
Thank you for posting. I always feel like such a freak or a downer when anytime I see a mama on here asking about it that I tell them DON'T DO IT! Honestly it feels like a mission for me to warn women not to get one. I have had secondary infertility and had 3 m/c I believe because of the IUD. Mine also got lost before removal, it took them a month, several appointments and an ultrasound to find it. I got lucky though that they found my IUD on the ultrasound and I was able to skip the surgery. That being said it got lost and implanted itself elsewhere. Oh and hurt like heck for them to retrieve but no surgery thank god.

I didn't get a period back for over a year. I only ovulated twice in one year and had numerous heartbreak over losing children because with every ovulation that happened I did become pregnant. They tested me a bit and they even tried to jump start my cycles again with medication and it didn't work.

Before the IUD I was so fertile I had become pregnant while taking the pill TWICE and I was using it properly. Many things in my life had changed health wise since the IUD. I can't prove or pinpoint anything for sure but I am hearing more and more horror stories of health problems and issues after the mirena.

Oh I wanted to add... I eventually was able to conceive after 2 years. I hope my body is normal again after the baby is born but we will see.
It always makes me sad when I can't convince someone not to get one. But when I can convince them I feel a kind of triumph at saving them from the pain I was in.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #33
3 kids = complete family
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My mirena story *possible trigger*

Sorry I haven't been back to check on the thread. My story has now taken another turn. I have been having painful bowel movements with some min. bleeding - this has increased and I have been too scared to go back to the Dr because knowing all too well it has to do with the mirena found *there*. But I cannot take it anymore and I told DH about this and he basically made me call a GI dr. I was seen and now have to have a colonoscopy. It was scheduled for this past week, but my kids came down with that nasty norovirus and I had to reschedule. So it will now be tuesday. Basically the GI dr said if any penetration/tearing/or even bad scarring I will need to be referred to a surgeon to fix the problem. I then asked my aunt who has her BSN and works with a surgeon, and she said that would at least require a surgery to fix it, and may actually require a couple surgeries in stages and a fecal bag in between surgeries. Nice. This is just so messed up.
3 kids = complete family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #34
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh super hugs to you. I'll pm you my email if you need to talk to someone, or even vent.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #35
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 kids = complete family View Post
Sorry I haven't been back to check on the thread. My story has now taken another turn. I have been having painful bowel movements with some min. bleeding - this has increased and I have been too scared to go back to the Dr because knowing all too well it has to do with the mirena found *there*. But I cannot take it anymore and I told DH about this and he basically made me call a GI dr. I was seen and now have to have a colonoscopy. It was scheduled for this past week, but my kids came down with that nasty norovirus and I had to reschedule. So it will now be tuesday. Basically the GI dr said if any penetration/tearing/or even bad scarring I will need to be referred to a surgeon to fix the problem. I then asked my aunt who has her BSN and works with a surgeon, and she said that would at least require a surgery to fix it, and may actually require a couple surgeries in stages and a fecal bag in between surgeries. Nice. This is just so messed up.
Oh my goodness, the saga grows. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this.

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #36
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 kids = complete family View Post
I thank you all for allowing me to share the story behind my mirena. oh and my husband has since got a vascetomy (he doesn't want me to have to endure anymore medical procedures - me either!)

That husband's a keeper!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #37
OatmealKisses
Registered Users
seller

Re: My mirena story *possible trigger* ~update pg 4~

You have successfully scared me out of ever getting an IUD. I almost got one after having my daughter, and my MIL talked me about of it. She didn't go into detail, just said that she heard soo many horror stories about them and if I did get pregnant it very well could kill the baby or hurt it badly.

I wasn't even aware of the risks to the woman on top of it. Thank you for sharing!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #38
Kyleemade3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pulled my mirena out last night. I kept reading horror stories and I don't want anything to affect my fertility since I am planning on having another baby in a few years or even cause me to miscarry. I'm sorry you went through this. Thank-you for writing it. It may change someone elses mind like mine has been changed from reading other mirena horror stories.

Last edited by Kyleemade3; 02-14-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Kyleemade3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #39
Mommy2Zara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Scary.
I'm so sorry for all you've been through and are continuing to go through

I had my Mirena placed in Nov of 2011 and I check for the strings all the time because I am paranoid about it. I'm really thinking about having it removed. I wanted a longer term solution to give me some time to decide If I was done. I'm pretty sure I am done having kids, although I would love to adopt someday. I think maybe it's time to have the vasectomy discussion with DH...
Old 02-28-2013, 12:14 AM   #40
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mama, I am so sorry for what you have gone through. I have a Mirena and between this thread and hearing about the lawsuits, I wonder if it will be recalled? My problem is I can barely feel my "strings" (which are really wires) so I am always scared of it migrating.