Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #31
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
The SoftBums are addicting. Love them. I have my faves. Gonna stick to them now, quit branching out. I just have to stay away from BGs. I love them. The look, structure everything. Except they hate the baby, that PUL strip. I get sucked in almost every seconds sale. Been good the last 2.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
Ha- I know what you mean. BGEs don't fit my DD well but I always get tempted to buy them!

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #32
reyasunshine
Registered Users
seller

At the beginning, I tried EVERYTHING (and I mean it! LOL! Types, brands, etc!), and then decided that a streamlined, minimalist stash was what I wanted. So I did:

20 BG Freetimes
6 BG 4.0s (for nights, stuffed with 2 Joey Bunz and one Thirsties hemp)
12 Joey Bunz hemp inserts
6 Thirsties hemp inserts

I did keep all my prefolds (24 GMD orange-edge, 24 GMD green-edge) with 4 GroVia covers, but I kept these put away. In hindsight, I'm actually REALLY glad I did this because now I use these more than my Freetimes! (I think my elastic needs to be replaced on the FTs. )

And when she got close to PLing (she's almost 18 mos, but we've been ECing since 9 mos), I got a 8 Sandy's Fitteds and 3 Bummis Pull-on covers and a bunch of wool. So technically, I no longer have my streamlined stash. LOL. But with cloth diapering, I really feel some babies just need different diapers for different stages...

How about some Sunshine and Wonder ?
reyasunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #33
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree with with sticking with just one type of diaper. We have all motherease fitteds and I have some flats in case the need for handwashing arises, I got rid of everything else.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:35 AM   #34
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

For me, keeping only one brand/type of each *style* of diaper is what provides me the most simplicity. Sticking to only one "category" of diaper just doesn't work for us; I've found we need functional variety.

(I have twins, so quantities are higher than normal)

OS fitteds: 10 OBV Lil Boppers
Sized fitteds: 6 Large side-snapped Bum Stoppers
AIOs : 12 Elementals
Pockets : 8 Bum Genius 4.0s
Flats: 8 Walmart kitchen hand towels (hoping to buy more)

Covers:
8 Flips and 2 BlueBerries. I'd have all Blueberries for fitteds if I could, and then just have a few Flips for padfolded flats and inserts, but i can't for financial reasons. Blueberries ain't cheap.

I also have a few cheapie pockets, but purely for fun prints. They're not in regular rotation.

Inserts are the only category I have variety in, and it bothers me. I'm working on a solution for it (prefolds, perhaps?), but am taking my time so I can be sure to settle on the right option.

I also have 4 Freetimes, and am ONLY hanging on to them because DH really likes them.

So that's what works for us. I'd have all workhorse fitteds instead of the two higher end fitted styles we do, but they were bought HEAVILY discounted from a friend (several given to me for free), so LBs and BSs it is! :-)
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote