Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #21
lina81
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any Jacksonville/St. Augustine mommas?

I'm in St. Augustine, technically; really it's the World Golf Village area between St. Augustine and Jacksonville. I'm actually new to the area, and would love some washing advice! Everyone says the water is hard, but it is a different sort of hard water than I am used to (I'm from Indiana), and my usual tricks (borax, baking soda) aren't working. What sort of wash routine do you mamas in the area use??

Advertisement

lina81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #22
floridatracy
Registered Users
seller
seller

With hard water more detergent is needed. I used calgon for a while but got sick of spending so much money on it. Now I use rockin green hard rock but I use the recommended amount for a top loader even though I have an HE machine. It has been working well for about three months.
floridatracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #23
lina81
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! That's interesting, because from what I have read, whether or not Rockin Green works in hard water seems to depend on the minerals...I will give it a try! Do you find that it causes more wear on your diapers? I have been afraid to try it because some say that it does.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #24
floridatracy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I can't really say much about the wear on the diapers since I have only been using it for 3 months but I find that a little hard to believe since I had much less abrasive ingredients than many other detergents that are suggested. Also, most CD companies suggest it. I haven't noticed any additional wear so far though.
floridatracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #25
Felix3142
Registered Users
seller

Hi ladies! FTM due in June 2013 and looking to learn more about the world of cloth diapering! I live in Riverside/Avondale. Any like-minded CD moms around? Would love to meet and learn!
Felix3142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #26
Steady101
Registered Users

Cyou tell me the good and the bad about it. Almost everything I read is bad...traffic, crime, etc. My Dh got a job offer there and I'm trying to learn as much as I can, as fast as I can.

Want cash back for shopping at AMAZON? Want to be paid INSTANTLY? Click here
Steady101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #27
lina81
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady101 View Post
Cyou tell me the good and the bad about it. Almost everything I read is bad...traffic, crime, etc. My Dh got a job offer there and I'm trying to learn as much as I can, as fast as I can.
Are you referring to Jacksonville? I'm new to the area and I've heard a lot of bad too...so far the area we like best (and where we are in the process of buying a house) is the Mandarin/Fruit Cove area. It's an odd city, IMO...everything so spread out and really not anything special about it that I can tell. But it's where we are going to spend the next few years at least, so I guess I will get used to it
Old 09-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #28
Beachymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We are in Jacksonville also! Your right, it is an odd city. The layout is weird to me. Traffic is a nightmare. We moved here because my hubby is military and we wanted to go back "south", but this definitely is not Southern. We bought a house in the doctors lake area, but Mandarin/Fruit Cove are awesome. Also, St. John's county has the best school district. : ).
Beachymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #29
Beachymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
All of these Orange Park mamas!!!
Beachymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #30
momofbeachboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

St. Augustine in World Golf Village here!
momofbeachboys is offline   Reply With Quote