Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #21
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Faint line?

try a clearblue easy early test. it will be way darker if you are... which i am certain you are. they are at target and pretty cheap

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #22
juniperhill
Registered Users

I think false positives are really rare. every time i had even a faint line it went positive.
juniperhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #23
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

I just took two pink dye and a target early response and no lines at all. I have no idea what's going on. Four faint tests yesterday and none today. Any insight? My cervix is super high, closed, soft, lots of CM (stretchy and creamyish). Not sure what all those things mean. I don't have any cramping or pain...I don't really ever have PMS symptoms since I tend to get headaches as it is...

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove

Last edited by COgle3; 02-02-2013 at 01:24 PM.
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #24
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

those tests are not as sensitive. and your cervix shows pregnancy. how many days post ovu are you?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #25
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom
those tests are not as sensitive. and your cervix shows pregnancy. how many days post ovu are you?
I have no idea when I ovulated because of the IUD. My CM was always substantial and always came with light spotting randomly over the 40 days. It made everything so out of whack. My CM today is a lot of thick white/clear, but I could just barely reach my cervix. I just don't get why I had faint lines followed by no lines a day later with the same type of test

Sew Love For Love
Old 02-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #26
minneapolismelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Update?

Find us on Facebook
minneapolismelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #27
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

Update...I have no idea what actually was going on, but every test I took kept getting lighter until I got no line at all. I never had bleeding though. I still haven't a period other than that one day of bleeding on CD 32 ( maybe a miscarriage of a super early pregnancy due to the presence of the IUD). I didn't get the heavy scary period that why with the copper IUD, just tons of cramping and back pain...not sure what to think of it all, but its def been a bad 4 months for me in terms of my fertility. My IUD is out and I don't know what I can do for birth control, I don't want artificial hormones but I also have two very busy kids and have no family near by and just moved states 4 months ago. I have never had help after having a baby (not even a day) let alone even a sitter in the past 4 years, so we'd like to keep our family at 4

Sew Love For Love
Old 02-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #28
3 kids = complete family
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

actually becuase they aren't exactly sure how the iuds work, it is suspected that the iuds cause early miscarriages if the sperm meets the egg (at least the mirena, because it has the same hormone as the morning after pill)

I will try and find the link
3 kids = complete family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #29
3 kids = complete family
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Warning
The Mirena IUD releases a synthetic hormone called levonorgestrel, similar to the naturally occurring hormone progesterone. This synthetic hormone is often used in birth control pills as well.(as well as the morning after pill...this was added by me) If a pregnancy occurs while a woman is using the Mirena IUD, the embryo will be directly exposed to levonorgestrel as long as the IUD remains in place. The long-term effects of such exposure on the health of the baby are not known, according to Contracept.org.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/18...#ixzz2KR25sAUL
Old 02-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #30
3 kids = complete family
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

directly from Mirena website:

How does Mirena work to prevent pregnancy?

Mirena (levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system) releases small amounts of the hormone levonorgestrel directly into your uterus.

There is no single explanation for how Mirena works. Mirena may:
Thicken cervical mucus to prevent sperm from entering your uterus
Inhibit sperm from reaching or fertilizing your egg
Make the lining of your uterus thin

Mirena (levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system) may stop the release of your egg from your ovary, but this is not the way it works in most cases. Most likely the above actions work together to prevent pregnancy. Like other forms of birth control, Mirena is not 100% effective.
http://www.mirena-us.com/what-it-doe...rena-works.jsp

So basically - they aren't exactly sure how it works....it might create a hostile enviroment for some sperm, it might just make the lining thin (but sperm and egg still might meet)